• Netflix

13 7.14%
  • Removeable battery

2 1.10%
  • Hardware keyboard

0 0%
  • Gesture Area

41 22.53%
  • USB port (if the micro USB cannot be used as one)

8 4.40%
  • 4G/LTE

3 1.65%
  • Launch Date

37 20.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    If you could add one thing to the touchpad, it would be...
    rear camera.
    a shipping date... And hdmi port.
    HDMI and Rear Camera, but HDMI first.
    From the list.. I'd have to say a launch date..

Hardware wise I think hdmi out would be nice
    software wise I think netflix.
    Digitizer so I can draw/write on it with a stylus.
    case made from something other than a glossy black fingerprint magnet
    Definetly a SD Card Slot. Would be awesome in combination with Digital Cameras. Take pictures, put the SD Card from the camera into the touchpad an view them / share them. But i fear I maybe the only one who sees the usefulness of this.^^
    And a launch date of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChLange View Post
    Definetly a SD Card Slot. Would be awesome in combination with Digital Cameras. Take pictures, put the SD Card from the camera into the touchpad an view them / share them. But i fear I maybe the only one who sees the usefulness of this.^^
    And a launch date of course.
    I totally see the usefulness of this. I just assume that they will figure out how to do this without wires or slots. Like PICT Bridge over WiFi or BT. For now I just carry a USB adapter for my memory card in my bag of Pre batteries and chargers. Not optimal, but still hoping for wireless transfer. It may also be an opportunity for cloud services to differentiate - upload directly from my camera to the cloud, and sync to my phone/touchpad via synergy...

But yes, we all wish for a boring old SD slot because they are always so handy. If HP were to add this, there is an entire layer of file mgmt they'd have to add and I think that may be more of an issue than the physical slot. IMHO
    Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    I'd rather have a USB connection that I could connect storage and cameras to instead of an SD slot as my DSLR's have Compact Flash. I could always hook on a multi-format card reader via USB as long as they supported it.

As for a rear-facing camera. What for? I'm not going to use the TouchPad as a replacement for a camera. There are only two reasons I could see using it... barcode scanning and video conferencing when I don't want my face shown. I don't believe that the Ipad 2's camera is good enough to use as a still camera or barcode scanning. For video, it's adequate. Bottom line is that if I don't have a rear-facing camera it would impact me 0%.

An HDMI output would be useful for traveling, when I'm home I have better alternatives than a tablet.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Easily accessed and utilized ecosystem with a decent app library.
    HDMI
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    HDMI of course

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    gesture area, toa be sure! removing that takes away a huge part of interacting with webOS in it's unique way. i have a feeling that it being gone will really degrade the expericence for me. guess i'll find out when they actually release it.
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I totally see the usefulness of this. I just assume that they will figure out how to do this without wires or slots. Like PICT Bridge over WiFi or BT. For now I just carry a USB adapter for my memory card in my bag of Pre batteries and chargers. Not optimal, but still hoping for wireless transfer. It may also be an opportunity for cloud services to differentiate - upload directly from my camera to the cloud, and sync to my phone/touchpad via synergy...

But yes, we all wish for a boring old SD slot because they are always so handy. If HP were to add this, there is an entire layer of file mgmt they'd have to add and I think that may be more of an issue than the physical slot. IMHO
    Someone said in another thread that there is no user file manager program in webos - is that right?
    Good poll. Tough choice. I went with release date. Of the hardware features that may help sell the product, I would say rear camera. With the state of competition, that is the most visible missing feature. It doesn't matter if techies think it is silly; it is a top-line, consumer feature that will be noticed on the tag.

No one would ask why they included a rear camera. Everyone will ask why they didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Definitely HDMI out. Every demonstration or presentation given to a room full of people is like a big advertisement saying "Look how easy it is for me to do this on my tablet and look at all the cool things I have on it" - given to a captive audience. Such a missed opportunity.
    Even if they could have somehow integrated HDMI out into the touchstone charger stand...
    Thinness and a diet. The weight reduction by apple looks sexy.
    sd and netflix.
    Maybe a 199 price tag and position as a full featured e-reader with Kindle and other e-reading apps. 7" version for 99.

Work with MS and get a windows 8 tablet out next year. Continue to use webOS on printers or whatever.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast