• Netflix

13 7.14%
  • Removeable battery

2 1.10%
  • Hardware keyboard

0 0%
  • Gesture Area

41 22.53%
  • USB port (if the micro USB cannot be used as one)

8 4.40%
  • 4G/LTE

3 1.65%
  • Launch Date

37 20.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    1.HDMI mirrored output.
    2.Rear facing camera/1080p HD video
    3.New design as far as getting rid of the plastic back cover.
    Use can use adapters for SD cards for the different USB ports (think how you transfer files from your Pre to your computer now), so HDMI out would be cool, but not a deal breaker for me
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    In order of importance

1. A launch date that was by the end of March
    2. Gesture area (That changes depending on screen orientation)
    3. HDMI out on the device or at least on the touchstone's
    4. Netflix
    5. Rear Facing Camera (But would have to be two things...I'd want video editing software)
    Hdmi is the most important for me, sd card slot/micro usb host properties
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    This is a hard one. I went down the list really thinking what I would "actually use".

HDMI out- I would use it and love it put it would be just a cool add on...
    Rear camera- seriously, I hardly use my phone's camera much and when I do, I'm not going to have my TouchPad around...
    SD/MicroSD card reader- the only use for this is ether expandable (but slower) memory.
    Netflix- I think that this app is bound to come out anyway via app cataloge. EDIT: It WILL be coming out as the didn't mention it but they did have it in the Launch Event slide show and if Netflix wasn't in on that HP would have been sewed.
    Removeable battery- this would make it bigger and fatter at the expense of having a second battery that would cost a trillion $$$..
    Hardware keyboard- as above, it would just make is fatter and it wouldn't a pad anymore it would be a weird labtop thing like the Atrix 4G thing...
    Gesture Area- this would be really nice. However, I think that were they are going with Enyo is a much better direction were you don't have to go down and swipe every time you want to back a page. *Eliminate Work To Get It To Work*
    USB port- this is what I choose because I would actually use this is an everyday basis, because I would have no need for my desktop anymore. Every single one of my USB devices would work with it and everything I do on my labtop can now be done on my TouchPad.
    4G/LTE- I have an Evo 4G currently. 4G is awesome and fast but it just isn't what it is built up to be by the carriers. Don't get me wrong, its awesome. It just isn't something that should be drawn like a gun by the carriers. The biggest pay off for 4G is marketing.. not the actual 4th G. he he
    Launch Date- tempting... but my contract is up in July and I'm switching to Verizon from Sprint when it is. So all my gadget buying will be around then when it WILL be out.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    Digitizer so I can draw/write on it with a stylus.
    this.

the digitizer in my hp touchsmart is AWESOME. keeps it so i can put my hand to the screen and it doesnt cause any issues

same cant be said for my work ipad where if any part of your hand touches it goes bonkers....so you have to write with your hand in the air = 2 year old childish poor handwriting lol

as far as the poll choices, I chose gestures.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    (Extended) gestures for me as well ...

Since we're not having the gesture area included, I've been thinking it could make sense to "replace" it by adding OS-support for swiping back and forth, up from the edge and across the ~full screen — with two fingers.

Two fingers makes sense since it is a larger device, and than we could have the control we have become so used to, even swapping between applications.
    Last edited by autodidact; 03/05/2011 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Adding thoughts for alternatives to the gesture area
    add one thing ..... hmmmm a March Release date!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Oleophobic everything.
    I've been secretly sad to see gestures go from the Touchpad WebOS experience. I'm no troll, and reserve judgement until I see how it works, but I already know that gestures is one of the unique WebOS features that makes it novel, convenient, provides value and makes it stand out. And considering UI is the number one reason people will be buying these devices, it should at least be considered.. *pretty* please.
    at this point adding anything might be counter productive (and costly)....best to go on a diet and hope for the best...
    ... but I already know that gestures is one of the unique WebOS features that makes it novel, convenient, provides value and makes it stand out.
    True, but it doesn't necessarily constitute the usage of a gesture area. As I suggested, gestures that clearly stand out from the "crowd" of ordinary swipes, would do just fine and would adapt to the orientation of the device without any added "bulk" to the edge area.

{I never liked playing with cards — until webOS made it useful}
    Vending machine and a rocket launcher
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    True, but it doesn't necessarily constitute the usage of a gesture area. As I suggested, gestures that clearly stand out from the "crowd" of ordinary swipes, would do just fine and would adapt to the orientation of the device without any added "bulk" to the edge area.
    Yes, agreed. I should have clarified. If the gesture "area" became the very lowest edge of the touchscreen, as opposed to a dedicated, off screen, area, that would still be fine.. I totally dig swipe-left and swipe-right in gesture area to scroll through active cards..
    Add smart matter and no one will be able to compete. Possibilities would be endless
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    I've been secretly sad to see gestures go from the Touchpad WebOS experience. I'm no troll, and reserve judgement until I see how it works, but I already know that gestures is one of the unique WebOS features that makes it novel, convenient, provides value and makes it stand out. And considering UI is the number one reason people will be buying these devices, it should at least be considered.. *pretty* please.
    I'm in the same boat as you pretty much. I am sad to see them go away but not on the TouchPad. The gesture area is a very intuitive implementation of a way to go back forth between pages and that is why we all love it so much. But those actions are no longer need in the Enyo framework. It will become pretty much obsolete if on the TouchPad. Instead they created a completly new way for a OS to run. They reset the main pricibles for it to run and there is no purpose for going back and forth uther than the browser, which has its own standard framework created by the web.

So although I loved the gesture area, I look at it as the new Enyo framework replacing it. This is why I don't think I will miss it very much after a month with my future Touchpad. I believe that this is how it will feel when we first get our hands on it. However, when it comes the future Enyo phones I still see a need for it. I have not heard anything about retaining it for smaller screens other than the fact that the Pre3 and Veer will be getting Enyo and still have the gesture area, which is good news to me. I see the no need for it with Enyo on bigger screens were all pages are shown on the single screen but it can't be done on smaller screen and therefore they still need the back and forth capablilities.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Rennat; 03/08/2011 at 04:21 PM.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    sd and netflix.
    Netflix is already on the new tablet so it shouldnt be somthing to vote for.
    • HDMI out (to play movies, make presentations, etc.)
    • Rear camera
    • Netflix (see HDMI above)
    • Skype (see rear camera)
    • lighter
    • thinner
    • Voice Control
    • 100 other key apps
    • Make the price no more than $499
    • Make it available now and not from Apple

Did you see the front-page article:
    HP considering moving tablet development to notebook division [rumor]
    I would say the gesture area. That is what made webOS so streamlined and fun to use. I wish they would have kept that.

Also, although I rarely see myself using the rear camera, I will say that it's a good idea to have for sharing video with others. Synergy is a lot about sharing. And the touchpad is now going to be the only tablet without a rear facing camera. On my iPhone, while using FaceTime, I usually will tell who I am talking to "look at this" and all I have to do is press one button and the camera flips. I like that quite a bit. Of course I would not use the camera to take videos or still photos because that's just weird. But for video chat it is definitely a good choice to have a rear camera.

I will say that I can't wait to get rid of my iPhone and go back to webs with the pre3 and touchpad.
    Can someone explain how Enyo works, such that gesture swipes are not needed? It's been mentioned a number of times, but I've no exposure to Enyo. Is there a video out there that shows how gesture swipes are replaced with Enyo?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast