Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    No, you don't get it. They won't be 'apps'. They will be embedded into the core OS such as they way Skype is into the Phone 'app'. However, the phone app is not needed to be launched. Infact, the only reason I ever launch it now is for the call history. I use Just Type. I meant stuff like Facebook and twitter being fused with the core text 'app' to create a unified Social Hub, per say, but yet again the app is not needed to be launched to navigate to what you want. Youtube would be fused with the core videos 'app', yet again not needed to be technically a stand along app. It could also be apart of Just Type in the way that you could browse videos and launch them specifically in the Just Type window without leaving it.

You get it now? It is basically taking out all of the navigating, long lists, and work you have to do to get to the information you want. It is almost like the new Winfone 7 commercial, were they can take a picture or do a task faster and without having to 'navigate' to do it.
    You can't expect HP|Palm to embed every service that pops up on the internet into their OS. That's unrealistic and takes away customization. Standalone apps, for most things, are the way to go.

While having Skype embedded is great for some, how many people don't want it vs. those that do?
    How do Skype updates work on webOS 2.0? Is the Skype functionality just a plugin that can be updated without requiring a full Phone app update?
    Also, some of us rarely use just type. It's easier to tap the screen two or three times to get to something than to slide the keyboard out and type something.

Anyway, if webos tries to offer me "everything" natively in the OS, I'd be betting that what woud result would convince me never to use webos again.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    You can't expect HP|Palm to embed every service that pops up on the internet into their OS. That's unrealistic and takes away customization. Standalone apps, for most things, are the way to go.

While having Skype embedded is great for some, how many people don't want it vs. those that do?
    I addressed that in my first post and said that they wont get every service in and that there will still be an app catalog but the OS itself will be more capable of doing your tasks. One thing I said is that there will always be a need for games.

For skype, alit of people use but then again alot of people don't so that is why its a choice. The phone app isnt skype, its the phone app with skype capabilities. The same with future updates.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    uh... just curious... you didnt by chance go by another screen name here at one time and believe that enabling the GPU would be in essence having a dual-core CPU did you?

no, i dont get it. and if you dont get that having "stuff" like Facebook and twitter being "fused" and "creating a social hub per say into the core OS" is not basically embedding software into the chip and all the negatives of that then i cant be the one to explain it to you. took me years of college to learn it myself that involved much more technical jargon that you used. let's just say you are not making it any more efficient by doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    No, you don't get it. They won't be 'apps'. They will be embedded into the core OS such as they way Skype is into the Phone 'app'. However, the phone app is not needed to be launched. Infact, the only reason I ever launch it now is for the call history. I use Just Type. I meant stuff like Facebook and twitter being fused with the core text 'app' to create a unified Social Hub, per say, but yet again the app is not needed to be launched to navigate to what you want. Youtube would be fused with the core videos 'app', yet again not needed to be technically a stand along app. It could also be apart of Just Type in the way that you could browse videos and launch them specifically in the Just Type window without leaving it.

You get it now? It is basically taking out all of the navigating, long lists, and work you have to do to get to the information you want. It is almost like the new Winfone 7 commercial, were they can take a picture or do a task faster and without having to 'navigate' to do it.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234