Discuss
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Nor is the software (webOS 3.0)
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Nor is the software (webOS 3.0)
    Bingo!
    software and hardware are probably ready. Trying to convince a carrier to carry the phones
    Hardware is probably "ready" enough, they just need to build a few million units.

Remember that Sprint was unable to meet demand for the Pre when it first came out. Now remember that HP cannot have any intention of keeping webOS devices on one carrier, or in one nation. They'll want to release everywhere. Gotta have a stockpile of devices to do that.

Otherwise people will walk into the store asking for a Pre and walk out with an Android: "Well we're all out of stock, but look here, this one's a bit cheaper and has more apps than the one you wanted". Essentially the same thing that happened when the original Pre was released in the US.
    What HP is doing right now is optimizing the System, both apps and WebOS 3.0. By the time it is launched they will have it running crazy fast. In the Dev meeting, they told us that the main system apps (like pictures, phone, calendar, exc.) aren't even begun to be optimized. What really is cool about this is that they all worked pretty fine in the eyes on videos. When they go through and clean them up, then clean up the system that runs the apps, it will be blazing fast. After all, it does have a dual core 1.2 GHz Snapdragon processor. The TouchPads that were there were hand built so there maybe some changes in construction in the final version. But overall, they are (and need to be) working on optimizing the living crap out of the TouchPad to work the best it possibly can with the processor.

The biggest part about the launch is the pricing now. I think that they didn't release a price yet on the devices is because of the new product coming out to market (aka iPad2) and needed the pricing to be competitive. I really hope that they will be able to bring the cool prices down to were Apple has them because when you get to the point of spending that much it matters, alot.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    What HP is doing right now is optimizing the System, both apps and WebOS 3.0. By the time it is launched they will have it running crazy fast. In the Dev meeting, they told us that the main system apps (like pictures, phone, calendar, exc.) aren't even begun to be optimized. What really is cool about this is that they all worked pretty fine in the eyes on videos. When they go through and clean them up, then clean up the system that runs the apps, it will be blazing fast. After all, it does have a dual core 1.2 GHz Snapdragon processor. The TouchPads that were there were hand built so there maybe some changes in construction in the final version. But overall, they are (and need to be) working on optimizing the living crap out of the TouchPad to work the best it possibly can with the processor.

The biggest part about the launch is the pricing now. I think that they didn't release a price yet on the devices is because of the new product coming out to market (aka iPad2) and needed the pricing to be competitive. I really hope that they will be able to bring the cool prices down to were Apple has them because when you get to the point of spending that much it matters, alot.
    Actually, the new framework which webOS is designed around is nowhere near ready (they said it's in alpha).
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Actually, the new framework which webOS is designed around is nowhere near ready (they said it's in alpha).
    When did I say it was ready? I thought I said that the system need alot more work?..
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    The apps, are not

Discuss
    I don't have the foggiest idea about what is ready and what is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    When did I say it was ready? I thought I said that the system need alot more work?..
    You mentioned just core apps, I was just adding that also, the framework itself is no where near ready.
    sure the hardware is ready, its the software their working on. They haven't even complete the development framework.