Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Leo just said a few minutes ago, in an internal "all hands" webcast that the touchpad WILL be released in June.

I didn't see any other posts specific to this source.
    Good news, but wait...Leo said it? Sigh....
    Unless they spend the next few months making it lighter, thinner and meet a pricepoint of $399 or less, it's not going to do well.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Did he mention which year?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Unless they spend the next few months making it lighter, thinner and meet a pricepoint of $399 or less, it's not going to do well.
    Would like to hear from an enterprise IT person what their needs are for their companies and pros/cons of Apple, HP, and Blackberry
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Cant wait... I am sure the Pre 3 will launch with it.
    So he said something about touch but whatbout the phone pre3???...need the phone man....jebus christ.
    They might still be working on carrier agreements for the Pre3 so announcing a release now could undermine those negotiations. The TouchPad doesn't technically need any carrier agreements for its launch.
    It must be a lie. We don't like this Apotheker fellow very much around these parts since he said stuff would be available "soon" and we decided that anything but "immediately" ain't soon enough. So it must be another of his lies.

Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    Did he mention which year?
    badum-tish
    Maybe the plans will change in May? You just never know with this guy...
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,430 Global Posts
    Has a sprint rep confirmed this? Can someone go to a sprint store and asked a rep? If they say no, it's not happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Has a sprint rep confirmed this? Can someone go to a sprint store and asked a rep? If they say no, it's not happening.
    Nice laugh
    Hard to believe anything Leo says right now, unfortunately. My sense is that he talks out of his rear a lot.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Would like to hear from an enterprise IT person what their needs are for their companies and pros/cons of Apple, HP, and Blackberry
    Well RIM already has most large companies by the balls...with a lot invested in infrastructure equipment, software licensing, admin and end user training...and of course the devices themselves. Apple and Palm are in a similar boat as they can easily integrate into any companies existing microsoft exchange environment. Palm has a slight advantage as far as integration (from day one everything was perfectly compatible with exchange, while apple has slowly added features and is almost there) and apple has a huge advantage in terms of an existing userbase. (ie many people including admins already use ios on their personal devices so retraining is not a huge hurdle)
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    More like, if they say yes, it's not happening.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    Hard to believe anything Leo says right now, unfortunately. My sense is that he talks out of his rear a lot.
    I see where you are coming from, but what does he have to gain from lying to his employees. He also did a short demo and mentioned "how cool the device will be" and that they are ramping up to ship extraordinary quantities of touchpads. I think that will translate into an extremely competitive price point.
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,430 Global Posts
    More seriously, from the timing, sounds like they've panicked and the original idea of trying to make sure there were plenty of apps has gone by the wayside.

Well RIM already has most large companies by the balls...
    and yet 80% of their customers are now consumers and this is where they are now concentrating their efforts. I guess on the basis that consumer devices are now driving mobility within enterprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiefboyjbm View Post
    I see where you are coming from, but what does he have to gain from lying to his employees. He also did a short demo and mentioned "how cool the device will be" and that they are ramping up to ship extraordinary quantities of touchpads. I think that will translate into an extremely competitive price point.
    I don't think anyone is saying he's lying. Merely that none of his words regarding WebOS have matched up to the reality of HP's actions as of yet, so why would this be any different. That goes for the last "internal" remarks he made at HP India.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I'll believe it when its finished. This same man told us we'd have them "a few weeks" after the announcement.

Even then....why make this announcement now. "Hey, so we heard Apple just announced a new tablet and said it'll be available 9 days after that announcement. Oh yeah! Well, we're announcing we're going to be available 4 months! HA!"
    I won't believe this unless I hear it from Ruby's mouth.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast