Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Internal Webcast? Does that mean he talked to everyone from his office? Was it recorded or live? Did some one record it, like on their smartphone? What does "all-hand" webcast mean? Does this mean, everybody drop what they are doing and make Fun of the CEO?
    maybe this is the video?
    What does "all-hand" webcast mean? Does this mean, everybody drop what they are doing and make Fun of the CEO?
    An "all-hands" webcast means everyone in the company was invited (and probably encouraged) to watch it.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    Internal Webcast? Does that mean he talked to everyone from his office? Was it recorded or live? Did some one record it, like on their smartphone? What does "all-hand" webcast mean? Does this mean, everybody drop what they are doing and make Fun of the CEO?
    His post was from march, dude. Much water has flown down the Mississippi since then. Furthermore, I only trust this Apotheker guy as far as I can throw him.
    I got a free ipad from work for free from one of our clients. It is very cool,my wife loves it but and wants one of her own but she only wants one she can use anywhere (i just use wifi on mine, using the pre- as the tether when one isn't around.) I really want to get her a touchpad but i am afraid(like my pre) the apps will be so far behind, have we gotten any word if the touchpad will have aps like MLB, HBOGo(which is the most amazing app ever, every show/movie/any season from HBO for free),words with friends etc...should i keep her waiting or just go with the ipad2 that she wants? I really don't want to give up my sprint contract but i love my palm stuff more and I hate to do it but I just might
    From Feb 9th event, HP has relationship with TimeWarner, publisher of Time magazine and the Harry Potter movie that you see on the TouchPad screen when you go to the HP page. So I would guess there is a good chance you will get the HBO content and apps (HBO also owned by TimeWarner). I'm not sure about the selection other apps, we will have to wait and see.

The HBO app is blocked from working on some TimeWarner cable internet system providers, go figure!
    Looking more likely that TouchPad will launch at or right before HP Discover June 6th with Pre3 to follow a short time afterwards.

Below one interesting session description at the conference:
    Session Title: Why HP webOS in the corporate environment
    Session Abstract: Give your business a competitive advantage with the power of HP webOS. This next generation platform based on popular web technologies and standards, is simple to use, deploy, and extend. With its amazingly intuitive touch interface and unparalleled multitasking capabilities, webOS enables mobile workforces to maximize productivity when away from their desks. Running on a growing family of connected HP devices for both work and life, webOS unshackles both employees and IT departments from the constraints of traditional mobile platforms.
    Content Level: Technical Introductory
    Session Type: Breakout Session
    Primary HP Speaker:
    David Gee
    Vice President, webOS Product Marketing and Enterprise Solutions,Personal Systems Group HP
    HP Co-speaker:
    Naresh Shanker
    Vice President & CIO, Palm Global Business Unit, Personal Systems Group HP

Challenges Addressed Aging (or legacy) Applications, Business Continuity, Faster time to market/service, Increase agility, Information Explosion, Mission Critical availability, Mobile Workforce, Productivity
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234