Global Posts
    828 Global Posts
    Here is a new game showing off the Qualcomm Adreno 220 GPU that is in the TouchPad... (Very God Of War -esque)

Looks GREAT! & imagine what can be done months from now...

Follow Up: http://www.qualcomm.com/blog/2011/03...winds-game-mwc
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    The Adreno 220 has about as much power as the SGX540 that's in the Samsung Galaxy S devices. So yeah its ok. It can even handle unreal engine graphics. However, I am still confused as to why they decided on the Adreno 205 for the pre. That thing SUCKS. The original Pre on Sprint has a more powerful graphics card than the Adreno 205.

I can't wait til the touchpad. Apple has released their iPad 2, but I wasn't impressed. I don't want to see hardware upgrades, I really think iOS needs a really big software upgrade. Useless home screens, useless notifications, settings all in one place, etc. So many HUGE flaws.
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    The Adreno 220 has about as much power as the SGX540 that's in the Samsung Galaxy S devices. So yeah its ok. It can even handle unreal engine graphics. However, I am still confused as to why they decided on the Adreno 205 for the pre. That thing SUCKS. The original Pre on Sprint has a more powerful graphics card than the Adreno 205.

I can't wait til the touchpad. Apple has released their iPad 2, but I wasn't impressed. I don't want to see hardware upgrades, I really think iOS needs a really big software upgrade. Useless home screens, useless notifications, settings all in one place, etc. So many HUGE flaws.
    Adreno 205 in Tmobile G2 kicks hummingbird in real world tests and G2 has the processor at 800 MHz. Adreno 220 is faster than SGX 540. Also, just having SGX 540 doesn't make it faster the chip needs to be running at a decent speed and needs to have data fed to it fast enough. SGX 540 with a 16 bit connection running at 100 MHz will be slower than a SGX 530 with a 64 bit wide connection running at 100 MHz.

I know it has to be taken with a grain of salt since it is marketing however, according to Qualcomm Adreno 220 is ~2x as powerful as the GPU in competing dual core Cortex A9 device this means ULP from tegra 2, SGX540 in Ti 4430 and Mali 400 in Samsung Orion.

Qualcomm OnQ Blog - Snapdragonā„¢ Adreno 220 GPU Powers "Desert Winds" Game at MWC
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post

That is exactly how I feel... If apple had better software id be right there lined up with the ******* for the ipad2. It feels too dumbed down as it is now though
    Nice find kalel.. looks great!

Lets keep the thread away from veering into another iPad comparison chat though (we've already got a ton of those threads) Thanks!
    Global Posts
    828 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Nice find kalel.. looks great!

Lets keep the thread away from veering into another iPad comparison chat though (we've already got a ton of those threads) Thanks!
    Yeah, I am not much of a gamer... but I do love seeing what the chip is capable of... Plus I know there is a huge demographic of people that it appeals to...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Too bad console quality games blow on phones. Touch based controls are awful and can never replace physical controls. They also lack the percision needed in some games. See Earthworm Jim for example. It's a brutal game and trying to play it with a touch screen makes it even more brutal.