Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
  1. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
       #1  
    Coincidence? I think not.
    [iPad 2 release, same day]
    [url= TouchPad shoots down planes, shows off next-gen Snapdragon's GPU (video) -- Engadget[/url]

    was this recorded back at the think ahead thing?
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/02/2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: title edit per OP request
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  2. #2  
    nope
  3. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
       #3  
    @Cantaffordit: Nope to what? Nope not a coincidence? Nope it is just a coincidence? Nope it was not recorded at the HP event? Nope I will not make out with you? jk jk
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Coincidence? I think not.
    [iPad 2 release, same day]
    HP TouchPad shoots down planes, shows off next-gen Snapdragon's GPU (video) -- Engadget

    was this recorded back at the think ahead thing?
    I think it is a good point. I wouldn't put it past HP to do something like that. Palm when it released its devices never even considered being an iPhone competitor, now that HP has Palm, they'll probably take a shot.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  5. #5  
    no, they didn't pay engadget to do that.

    however, it is smart of engadget to run it while people are interested in comparison and contrasting product info.
  6. #6  
    who cares. I doubt that video changed any minds.

    Personally, I am not gonna buy neither. if I were to carry something that big, I would rather carry my 11" laptop that can do million more things than an iPad or Touchpad.

    Its unwise for HP to hang their hope on a single 10" products, IHMO. Same goes for motorola.
  7. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
       #7  
    HP will most definitely fill the gap with either a huge phone, or the topaz
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  8. #8  
    Nah, I don't think they did. You know the Engadget people love Webos anyway and would probably do it for free IF HP thought to pay them.
  9. #9  
    Engadget seems to have some good standards in place, so outside of ads, I doubt they were paid for that video.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    HP will most definitely fill the gap with either a huge phone, or the topaz
    i know HP's plan, but blackberry is filling that gap really fast, with a similar products. HP may lose at both ends with its decision to go iPad-size mode. It can't beat back apple *******, and it will be a year late into 7" market again.
  11. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by runsweetlew View Post
    Engadget seems to have some good standards in place, so outside of ads, I doubt they were paid for that video.
    True. this is the first time i've seen such a coincidence.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  12. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    i know HP's plan, but blackberry is filling that gap really fast, with a similar products. HP may lose at both ends with its decision to go iPad-size mode. It can't beat back apple *******, and it will be a year late into 7" market again.
    I don't mind the size of the iPad at all actually. To me it's just right. the thinness is what I seek...and that includes a thinner bezel tho. guess you can't have everything
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  13. #13  
    I think engadget really likes the touchpad and wanted to demo it more.

    -Toaster
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    I don't mind the size of the iPad at all actually. To me it's just right. the thinness is what I seek...and that includes a thinner bezel tho. guess you can't have everything
    surely there are people like bigger screen, and others prefer more portability.

    Thats all fine. I just think HP should have gone into both market together. comparing to the crowded 9-10" market, 7" is still a relatively empty space with great potential. And only viable option in this market will be playbook for next 10 months. I wouldn't be surprised if Blackberry were to sell 5 million in first six months.
  15. #15  
    The iPad is attractive but for a second generation model it seems kind of weak.
    If the TouchPad is attractive, performs well, and works better than the iPad, nobody will care how thin it is or how it is specced.
    Personally, I'm waiting for the Opal though.
  16. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
       #16  
    I would be super stoked for them to release both models at the same time so you could have your choice but then people would be paralyzed with too many options... :P I kid, partially. I think a bigger problem than screensize (no pun intended) is their delay in coming to market!

    Edit: Do you think it is being held up on the hardware or the software side? I think it is the software side. From the little I've heard and seen on twitter, they do not have a big group of devs working on the framework and 3.0. I was very surprised when I heard this.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  17. #17  
    Doesn't matter if they did or did not. Would not surprise me if they did. Other company's use the same tactics.

    Either way, Ipad2 doesn't excite me. Original Ipad did nothing for me either. If HP would just release the Touchpad, I'd buy it. Simple as that. I don't need a comparison.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    I would be super stoked for them to release both models at the same time so you could have your choice but then people would be paralyzed with too many options... :P I kid, partially. I think a bigger problem than screensize (no pun intended) is their delay in coming to market!
    agreed. For a big company like HP, its surprising they can only make this half baked (looked slow in many situations) product in 7 long months. They just lack of that "do it or go home" courage, or sense of urgency.

    I would like webOS to succeed, but touchpad won't be a thing I want to throw money at.
  19. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
       #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Nah, I don't think they did. You know the Engadget people love Webos anyway and would probably do it for free IF HP thought to pay them.
    To me it does seem like they like webOS. I remember Topolsky after the HP event trying his best to say nice things. The only thing he ranked on was the lack of threaded emails. Given the performance, I'd say he was being nice.
    Last edited by Rkguy; 03/02/2011 at 09:33 PM.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  20. #20  
    The "how are you checking your texts?!?!?!" segment. Seemed a little over hyped.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions