Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It would be sad if HP did pay them for that feature....not because it's unethical. But because it's going to be atop their site for a few hours when people don't read Engadget a lot, and then gone in the wind like vapor.

Meanwhile, people will be buzzing about iPad 2 for the next 9 days and afterward.
    I am pretty sure that was taken at GDC, which is this week. Engadget probably shot that video today.

No conspiracy here.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I read engadget at weird hours?! =>.<=
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    I am pretty sure that was taken at GDC, which is this week. Engadget probably shot that video today.

No conspiracy here.
    Ahh. so it seems as if the consensus is nothing fishy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post

No conspiracy here.
    Exactly. I really do wonder about some of the posters on this forum. Some are either blatantly making 'ish up by way of trolling or they're just truly dense. Either way it says alot about our educational system. Reading comprehension is really important.

That being said, the article clearly says that they, they being Engadget were at GDC, which makes sense. And at the beginning of the vid the author says "we're here at GDC". HP was at GDC along with Qualcomm to show off what the GPU can do and also to intro that new game. Why would Engadget get paid to shot video at an event they're already covering?
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Ahh. so it seems as if the consensus is nothing fishy.
    Dude, read the article. If you read the article and watched the vid you wouldn't haven't created this thread. Engadget was already there taking video of not only HP and Qualcomm offerings but other companies as well. Seriously!

Winning, duh!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Oh ooops. Yah sorry I missed GDC in the whole dam n post. Ok. playboy. Get off your horse dude. The video is embedded in the front page. easy to miss that detail for the non-aristocrat. I just asked a question.

"I didn't say OMFG gyz, HP MoneyBaggz is in bed with teh bloggrs" or however you think I said it.

Just cause i don't have 992 posts doesn't give you merit to be a ****.

EDIT: Oh, i mean 993. It took 2 posts for you to get it out.
    Oh ooops. Yah sorry I missed GDC in the whole dam n post. Ok. playboy. Get off your horse dude. The video is embedded in the front page. I just asked a question.

"I didn't say OMFG gyz, HP MoneyBaggz is in bed with teh bloggrs" or however you think I said it.

Just cause i don't have 992 posts doesn't give you merit to be a ****.

EDIT: Oh, i mean 993. It took 2 posts for you to get it out.
    Sorry bro. Didn't mean to be a d*ck. Its just that one comes to this forum and threads like this appear and it brings in all of the trollers.
    No they did not pay them.
    So a gadget geek website posts a video of a gadget demo? Alert the media! I'm sure that HP probably did do something to time the demo so it could be posted today to blunt the impact of the iPad 2 debut. But I'm not sure if there's much need to take offense.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Sorry bro. Didn't mean to be a d*ck. Its just that one comes to this forum and threads like this appear and it brings in all of the trollers.
    understood
    To me it does seem like they like webOS. I remember Topolsky after the HP event trying his best to say nice things. The only thing he ranked on was the lack of threaded emails. Given the performance, I'd say he was being nice.
    Josh said the Pre 3 is probably his next phone.
    it takes a crap load of time to engineer, develop, test a product. 7 months I'm surprized on how much they've got done.

not to mention they are building webos 3 from the ground up. This stuff takes a lot of time, a lot of resources and does get costly.

what people seem to expect is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    agreed. For a big company like HP, its surprising they can only make this half baked (looked slow in many situations) product in 7 long months. They just lack of that "do it or go home" courage, or sense of urgency.

I would like webOS to succeed, but touchpad won't be a thing I want to throw money at.
    People simply expect a good product to exist when they are ready to buy. Pathetic or not, it's not their fault some of these companies can't get their products ready in time. No one is going to the stores in thinking "Hmmm...I wonder if I gave HP enough time to build something that I want."
    did hp release this video today? I could see HP releasing this video today to engadget just to take the steam out of the Ipad2 (if only by a fraction of a percent)
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    did hp release this video today?
    Engadget filmed it.
    I think HP paid Steve Jobs to come out with a weak iPad 2 instead of one that would blow the TouchPad out of the water.
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I think HP paid Steve Jobs to come out with a weak iPad 2 instead of one that would blow the TouchPad out of the water.
    It has one killer app that blew the touchpad out of the water "Coming march 11th", that and "Has actual apps".
    No.
    I dont think its a coincidence but I highly highly highly doubt that HP paid engadget at all, they just showed off the device thats all, no need to pay.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast