1.    #1  
    Hi guys

I was trying to see what chip is better for the TouchPad, would HP be better of with NVIDIA TEGRA 2 Chip Or Qualcomm:

TEGRA 2 Specs:
    NVIDIA Tegra 2

Qualcoom Snap Dragon:

What you guys think?
    it all depends on how well the final product is optimized. I'm sure the dualcore 1.2GHz processor will suffice.
  3.    #3  
    I know it will, I was just wondering what is the better chip. They are both dual core but what is the better chip over all. Just interesting to them both in action.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I know it will, I was just wondering what is the better chip. They are both dual core but what is the better chip over all. Just interesting to them both in action.
    From what I've read, the nVidia chip is supposed to be somewhat better, but like Mhunterjr told you, what will matter more with two CPUs of the same class is how well the OS is designed/developed to work with it.
  5.    #5  
    I understand, i wonder if HP rushed with Qualcomm, or did they check out NVIDIA TEGRA chip
    I understand, i wonder if HP rushed with Qualcomm, or did they check out NVIDIA TEGRA chip
    There are many factors which go into a decision like that - often time overall performance isn't even near the top. Availability and scale (number that can be produced by when you want them) are the real driving factors along with price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    There are many factors which go into a decision like that - often time overall performance isn't even near the top. Availability and scale (number that can be produced by when you want them) are the real driving factors along with price.
    I think you hit the biggest point of them all (availability and scale). The company needs as much time as they can with the processors to optimize them the best they can.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    At this point I would say Lays or Doritos
    But Lays OWNS Doritos!!!
    I think that HP made a good choice because they got the CPU early so they could go through and optimize the living heck out of it before the actual launch. In the dev meeting they told us that every one of the TouchPad's system apps that they showed off havn't even been started to be optimized for the System. Once they optimize the apps and then optimize the system which runs the apps.... it will be like touching a moving bullet!
    So what you saw at the Event was the TouchPad at its slowest... now just imagine.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    In the dev meeting they told us that every one of the TouchPad's system apps that they showed off havn't even been started to be optimized for the System.
    You're kidding! They went public with a prototype device trying to sell it like it was a real product? Some heads should be rolling over THAT boneheaded decision.
    You're kidding! They went public with a prototype device trying to sell it like it was a real product? Some heads should be rolling over THAT boneheaded decision.
    No they didn't. They clearly said that they were hand built devices that were not completely final. They made this very clear. At the dev meeting he used this to tell how fast Enyo is because the apps already run pretty smoothly. They did this because they would have been easily lost and drowned in the iPad2 hype and no one would have even cared.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    No they didn't. They clearly said that they were hand built devices that were not completely final. They made this very clear.
    So the answer is yes, they held their 9 Feb event with a prototype device. That's pretty boneheaded. And after comparing it to Apple's iPad event, the HP event was hilariously boneheaded.
    So the answer is yes, they held their 9 Feb event with a prototype device. That's pretty boneheaded. And after comparing it to Apple's iPad event, the HP event was hilariously boneheaded.
    Why do you worry, TP will be out in coming months, IP-2 is no where even closed to being released.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Hi guys

I was trying to see what chip is better for the TouchPad, would HP be better of with NVIDIA TEGRA 2 Chip Or Qualcomm:

TEGRA 2 Specs:
    NVIDIA Tegra 2

Qualcoom Snap Dragon:

What you guys think?
    who cares. they already made a decision.

Would TouchPad be better if it came out in 08? Would TouchPad be better with 2GB RAM? Would TouchPad be better if it had more than 3 Accessories to pick from. Would TouchPad be better if it were named ???

would of, should of, could of.....

If a train leaves New York at 6:27:39 am going 66.34 MPH and another train leaves Boston at 7:12:22 blah blah blah... who cares!