Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Since Rubyboy is on the board over at Amazon should we be expecting an amazon streaming video app? As a prime member on amazon you get certain tv shows and movies to stream for no extra charge. Also, you can rent or buy movies as well. It can easily run in the browser, I've been able to stream tv shows on my evo without much lag, but what about a stand alone app. I think it would be a great addition to the touchpad.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spano45 View Post
    Since Rubyboy is on the board over at Amazon should we be expecting an amazon streaming video app? As a prime member on amazon you get certain tv shows and movies to stream for no extra charge. Also, you can rent or buy movies as well. It can easily run in the browser, I've been able to stream tv shows on my evo without much lag, but what about a stand alone app. I think it would be a great addition to the touchpad.
    It uses flash, so it may work out of the box. I rather they build a native client (especially since amazon has a mp3/kindle app already) though.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    I feel like there is a good chance they will be getting some type of app for webOS for streaming video. They already have plans for kindle.

"Amazon.com today announced that it will launch a free Kindle app for HP webOS tailored for TouchPad that will give you access to more than 810,000 titles from Amazon’s Kindle Store."

HP TouchPad Brings webOS to the Big Screen