Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Apologies if this has been reported elsewhere but I had a quick look and couldn't find anything.

According to TechRadar, it's been confirmed by 'sources close to the matter' that the UK release for the Touchpad will be mid June:

HP TouchPad UK release date confirmed for June | News | TechRadar UK

So looking forward to this device. If only we could get a confirmation for the Pre 3 release date.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I am on my phone so can't check the exact wording but last week Leo said something that markets outside the US would get a Touchpad "in the fall". So on that basis this is bunk.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I am on my phone so can't check the exact wording but last week Leo said something that markets outside the US would get a Touchpad "in the fall". So on that basis this is bunk.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk
    The 'in the fall' statement came from a Business Insider article but it seems they made it up.

http://forums.precentral.net/2882623-post47.html

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Given they can't even get the author of the article can't even get the specs right I have to wonder how reliable their source is.

If they can manage June however then I'll be extremely happy.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    TechRadar always comes across as a credible site and they don't normally post rumours and gossip as fact.

I wouldn't expect them to print something like this without a very good reason. I guess only time will tell if they've got it right......
    *starts saving money*
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Yiddy View Post
    TechRadar always comes across as a credible site and they don't normally post rumours and gossip as fact.

I wouldn't expect them to print something like this without a very good reason. I guess only time will tell if they've got it right......
    I wonder what TechRadar's "close to the matter" sources know that no blog in America has been told? Do they have Sprint CSRs in Britain too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I wonder what TechRadar's "close to the matter" sources know that no blog in America has been told? Do they have Sprint CSRs in Britain too?
    If Americans don't know something, nobody can. Especially when it's about the UK release of something. You'd expect news about UK releases to hit the States first, and then trickle down to the lesser nations.

Silly brits, getting british news about british launches from british people in britain.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Silly brits, getting british news about british launches from british people in britain.

But I guess Americans will get best price. As often, it would be USD price=GBP price.
    And when someone smuggles Touchpad to Serbia it will be USD price X 2
    Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    Let's just hope HP brings full support to all of Europe, getting tired of twice the price half the experience.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    If Americans don't know something, nobody can. Especially when it's about the UK release of something. You'd expect news about UK releases to hit the States first, and then trickle down to the lesser nations.

If true, I wish the fine folks of Great Britain all the best with their TP alpha test program. Having a half-baked device, by HP's own admission (release sometime in the summer) in mid-June (still spring) should makefor an excellent experience.

Of course, HP could have misspoken at the 9 Feb event and suddenly found out that they were, after all, way ahead of schedule on the TP release.

...or not.
    Last edited by Kupe; 03/02/2011 at 07:39 AM.
    If true, I wish the fine folks of Great Britain all the best with their TP alpha test program.
    at least, price will be full
    If true, I wish the fine folks of Great Britain all the best with their TP alpha test program. Having a half-baked device, by HP's own admission (release sometime in the summer) in mid-June (still spring) should makefor an excellent experience.

Of course, HP could have misspoken at the 9 Feb event and suddenly found out that they were, after all, way ahead of schedule on the TP release.

...or not.
    Let's accept that while "technically" summer starts somewhere around June 21, most everybody (other than weathermen) consider the seasons to loosely fall as:

Spring: March - May
    Summer: June - August
    Fall: September - November
    Winter: December - February

A June release would be a summer release for most people, even if it was June 1.

Gargoyle
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoylejps View Post
    Let's accept that while "technically" summer starts somewhere around June 21, most everybody (other than weathermen) consider the seasons to loosely fall as:

Spring: March - May
    Summer: June - August
    Fall: September - November
    Winter: December - February

A June release would be a summer release for most people, even if it was June 1.
    While you might believe what you've posted, the marketplace/blogosphere knows very precisely which days the seasons change and when a manufacturer has failed to meet a deadline based on season-derived release dates.

If there was a chance for a mid-June TP release, HP would have said "late spring to early summer" for the wiggle room. Instead, the wiggle room they chose for the TP is good until 22 September - and HP knows it.
    June is meaningless at this point. Even then - and that's the best case scenario - that's three months of iPad 2 selling millions of units to even new customers kinda interested in the tablet market. And beyond that Xoom and Playbook, should have cleaned up the remaining "We're not buying an Apple product under any circumstances" brigade.

Meanwhile, the remaining iPad 1's will be flying out of Apple warehouses at $349 for refurbs and $399 for new.
    The universe is too small a place to contain the number of rolleyes this thread deserves. Seriously, some people.
    The universe is too small a place to contain the number of rolleyes this thread deserves. Seriously, some people.
    That's all you got?
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    *starts saving money*
    lol already am!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne