1.    #1  
    Multitasking using cards is fantastic but I would really love to see the ability to shrink and re-size cards using multi-touch. Also I think it would be excellent if you could arrange cards in different configurations, tiled for example. The ability to "pin" a card to the main screen and have it run in the background. I could see a two fingered gesture being very useful here. double double tap I call it. Double hold and drag to move cards around the screen and pin, DDT to interact with it. The screen real-estate of the TouchPad can really be taken advantage of here. Imagine multiple stacks visible on the screen simultaneously; sort of like a game of spades or something. Would love to see webos 3 or more realistically 4 to contain these enhancements. Opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    ..................The ability to "pin" a card to the main screen and have it run in the background. ...............................Opinions?
    you mean like widgets??
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    you mean like widgets??
    If you mean turning any open card into a widget, then yes.
    That would be slick.
    i saw a mockup like that forgot who made it..
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    i saw a mockup like that forgot who made it..
    I'd love to see that if you ever come across it again.
    Also give devs the option to make a specific widget version.. Or if the dev doesn't with enyo, it could just scale down to the veer, or pre in size. (in landscape).

Have it looking like the superior hd:

http://www.precentral.net/next-palm-...ontest-winners

when in card view, you pinch to zoom, and it goes into "Widget mode", then pinch to zoom again, to make it into card view.
  8.    #8  
    Bump
    Multitasking using cards is fantastic but I would really love to see the ability to shrink and re-size cards using multi-touch. Also I think it would be excellent if you could arrange cards in different configurations, tiled for example. The ability to "pin" a card to the main screen and have it run in the background. I could see a two fingered gesture being very useful here. double double tap I call it. Double hold and drag to move cards around the screen and pin, DDT to interact with it. The screen real-estate of the TouchPad can really be taken advantage of here. Imagine multiple stacks visible on the screen simultaneously; sort of like a game of spades or something. Would love to see webos 3 or more realistically 4 to contain these enhancements. Opinions?
    Better than double tap and more intuitive would be tap and hold to select.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I like these ideas. I have also thought about cards and how to maximize the screen real estate. Two rows of scrolling cards; smaller cards scrolling on the bottom & a larger card on top; and the widget-like moveable cards of course. I think there's a lot of good ideas out there. I wanna see them!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i think it would be cool for example if u have a weather app, u open it and its the whole screen, then to minimize it just place ure five fingers on the screen and close ure hand. then the app could shrink to a widget and be placed anywhere on screen!!
    that would be incredible i think~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    How about if each card could be resized by dragging it's border. You could move and arrange and overlap cards by dragging them. You could close a card by tapping on an X in the top left. Then a Touchpad could be made using this new card system with a built-in keyboard. And, to improve accuracy and keep the screen clear, a scrollpad could be added.

I think we are on to something here!
    I had the same thought before ever really playing with Android. Now that I've spent time with Android and WebOS, I'm more sure than ever: This is not a good idea in terms of productivity and usability.

I really think that Widgets and Card View are mutually exclusive in terms of their functionality.

If you want to take proper advantage of card view, you'll never be able to see your widgets, making them a waste of processing power and memory.

If you want to take advantage of widgets, you'll never be able to keep other apps in card view, making card view nothing but an cute&ineffective way to close programs.

DrewT3's idea could be a good compromise, but it has one big drawback: it will make the interface very different between the phones and tablet. From the videos I've seen, it looks like HP is trying to keep the two as similar as they can. They've even added back the swipe-up gesture.

Ultimately, I think we won't see it, and probably shouldn't. Widgets are the defining feature of android, just as card view is the defining feature of WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    I don't think it's worth making the card metaphor too complex by adding too many configurations.

it's a kool idea on a full blown OS, but not on a tablet or phone.
    One intuitive gesture they can add is a horizontal pinch in to put all open cards in a stack.
    i want a cards metaphor like the albums animation on the photos app of the iPad.
    The one downside to this is that WebOS would ultimately loose its simplicity. I have been thinking of ways of expanding the Cards system to a more 3 dimensional array instead of the current 2 dimensional configuration. It seems be counter intuitive to make to so hard to see all your tasks and having to swipe over to see those you cant see.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne