1.    #1  
    Seems to me that several people have an understanding that HP is not willing to show the label on the back of the device. Why?

One video recommended by a forum user, shows the device briefly flipped and I couldn't help myself wasting some time on downloading the HD file from Youtube to extract and crop the interesting frames.

Anyone want to have a go at making anything out of them despite the motion blur and the rep trying to cover it up? In such case I can upload the files in a package, somewhere.

Sample below.
    Attached Images Attached Images

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    Seems to me that several people have an understanding that HP is not willing to show the label on the back of the device. Why?

One video recommended by a forum user, shows the device briefly flipped and I couldn't help myself wasting some time on downloading the HD file from Youtube to extract and crop the interesting frames.

Anyone want to have a go at making anything out of them despite the motion blur and the rep trying to cover it up? In such case I can upload the files in a package, somewhere.

Sample below.
    lol.. cant see anything there.. but i bet it said Palmpad is why
    Do you have a link to the HQ video?
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I can make out one line... I need a link to the HQ video so I can grab a better frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I can make out one line... I need a link to the HQ video so I can grab a better frame.
  6.    #6  
    As said, I've already extracted the interesting frames, cropped them and now zipped them;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8011890/Touc...m_HD_video.zip

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    It seems to me that it's a sticker with internal information on it. They probably don't want anyone copying down any of the codes or numbers that are used.
    I can't speak for whatever is in that picture, but every device they showed on Feb 9th had an HP logo in the center.

I didn't think to look close enough to see if there was a "palmpad" name that was crossed out with a sharpie. But the center of the TouchPad had a logo that looked just like what is on the back of the Veer and Pre3.
    Every video I have seen of the new phones, they always show the back. Its mainly to show the camera but they dont cover up the logo. Maybe they dont show the back of the TouchPad that much because theres nothing on the back to show.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Or perhaps because that plastic back is not final and instead the TouchPad will get a touchstone style back like on the Pre Plus..
    Or maybe it was just a coincidence that he was holding it like that.
    i'm not sure but i'm curious as well actually. in the detailed 15 min long video that i found and posted in a separate thread, the rep doing the demo actually purposedly put his finger to cover up the label. i was just too lazy to try and figure out why...

this one: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ive-found.html
    In the videos, the back looks like crap from the fingerprints and glossy back. The camera is not kind to it. It is probably no more than that.
    It's pre-production hardware. The guy was probably trying to keep the back from falling off...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    It's pre-production hardware. The guy was probably trying to keep the back from falling off...
    Good point!

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    ^This.

His [former] assistant super-glued the first unit...
    I see pandas.
    In a former life I demonstrated preproduction hardware... and we had to do stuff like that all the time.
  18.    #18  
    As Un_Designer said, it is fairly clear that the rep intentionally put his finger over the label, thus making me curious to something that I otherwise would totally overlook.
    Last edited by autodidact; 02/24/2011 at 12:29 AM.
    I don't understand why women cover up their backsides. They shouldn't.

Don't care for the TouchPad's rear as much.