Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Digitime still showing TouchPad launch for April

On a today post Digitimes made a tablets comparison chart and still having the HP Touch Pad for a launch date in April.

Although the upcoming HP summit March 14th event apparently will be to explain the HP strategy , I donīt know if someone in HP will tell something about a launch date. Related post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-ge...ml#post2891643

Digitimes believe the Tablet PC players are likely to bring forward their launch schedules to compete against iPad 2.

Here the full post and the chart image below:

Tablet PC vendors are expected to bring forward their launch schedules as early as the end of March in order to compete against Apple's iPad 2, according to sources from tablet PC players.

Since most vendors expected Apple to launch iPad 2 in the second quarter, Apple's strategy of launching the device in early March has messed up its competitors' plans for their tablet PCs, causing them to rush to launch their tablet PCs into the channel, the sources noted.

The sources pointed out that since Apple also reduced the price of its first-generation iPad by about US$100, even if the players launch their tablet PC models, they are likely to face a disadvantage over pricing.

With Apple already occupying most of the available touchscreen capacity, the sources believe the supply chain will face great competition from downstream players to secure touch panel supply capacity in the future.

Tablet PC players likely to bring forward their launch schedules to compete against iPad 2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Since most vendors expected Apple to launch iPad 2 in the second quarter, Apple's strategy of launching the device in early March has messed up its competitors' plans for their tablet PCs, causing them to rush to launch their tablet PCs into the channel, the sources noted.
    I disregard the whole thing because of the bolded phrase. No one in their right minds expected Apple to wait until the second quarter. They have Apple mixed up with HP. If, however, companies did expect Apple to launch that late, then they're fools who's businesses deserve the bad death that's coming to them.
    Doesn't Q2 start in April though...? If so, that would mean everyone DID expect them to, just like they released the original in April of last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Doesn't Q2 start in April though...? If so, that would mean everyone DID expect them to, just like they released the original in April of last year.
    HP's Q2 started Feb. Their fiscal year begins Nov 1.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I disregard the whole thing because of the bolded phrase. No one in their right minds expected Apple to wait until the second quarter. They have Apple mixed up with HP. If, however, companies did expect Apple to launch that late, then they're fools who's businesses deserve the bad death that's coming to them.
    What you said took me to a tought for the future.

Should tablet brands manufacturers join forces to balance the market to the iPad?
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Yes. My comment was a bit harsh. I was thinking second half. Still, a couple of weeks shouldn't matter so much. Were they really expecting to just get a couple of weeks of sales? What was their plan going to be for April?

Don't they have access to the same internet as we do? We knew Apple had already started production. We also had no reason to believe that Apple would raise prices. How does Apple launching at the expected price, two weeks before expected harm a competitor if they have their house in order?
    What you said took me to a tought for the future.

Should tablet brands manufacturers join forces to balance the market to the iPad?
    When you consider that the iPhone is compared to all Android phones, and the iPad is compared to all tablets, wouldn't you say that is already happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Step 1 would be to drop any proprietary OS, including webOS and QNX an adopt Android Gingerbread.
    This would be a bad step, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    This would be a bad step, in my opinion.
    True - perhaps just as bad of a step as
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo
    Should tablet brands manufacturers join forces to balance the market to the iPad
  10.    #70  
    When you consider that the iPhone is compared to all Android phones, and the iPad is compared to all tablets, wouldn't you say that is already happening?
    Not yet.

Apple invested billions last year to get all the components supply for the iPad before all the competition. One of them the touch panel. The competition had to go to emergent suppliers. All of them got delay their hardware. Some of them had announced a tablet with no clear launch date.

What might be the solutions(antitrust) to avoid Apple to stockpile worlds components in damage to other brands manufacturers.?
    Not yet.

Apple invested billions last year to get all the components supply for the iPad before all the competition. One of them the touch panel. The competition had to go to emergent suppliers. All of them got delay their hardware. Some of them had announced a tablet with no clear launch date.

What might be the solutions(antitrust) to avoid Apple to stockpile worlds components in damage to other brands manufacturers.?
    Do you really think Apple ordered more than they needed? It's not like they are ordering all the supplies to dump into landfills. Those are reserved for the competitor's offerings.

How would this consortium work? All the companies get together and throw in a few billion dollars to do a group order? Isn't that collusion, or something? Bottom line, all these hardware vendors saw the same trends as Apple did. Apple acted; they didn't. Now you tell me Apple has an unfair advantage? Is Apple really that much smarter than everybody else?

That would make an interesting legal complaint. "Apple is too smart and cool for anyone to compete with. Their products must be stopped!"
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Step 1 would be to drop any proprietary OS, including webOS and QNX an adopt Android Gingerbread.
    Stop trolling. Android 2.3 is terrible for the tablet. Honeycomb is the glitchiest thing I've seen since my cat OD'd on catnip.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
  13.    #73  
    Do you really think Apple ordered more than they needed? It's not like they are ordering all the supplies to dump into landfills. Those are reserved for the competitor's offerings.

How would this consortium work? All the companies get together and throw in a few billion dollars to do a group order? Isn't that collusion, or something? Bottom line, all these hardware vendors saw the same trends as Apple did. Apple acted; they didn't. Now you tell me Apple has an unfair advantage? Is Apple really that much smarter than everybody else?

That would make an interesting legal complaint. "Apple is too smart and cool for anyone to compete with. Their products must be stopped!"
    Apple paid in advance in 2010 to all the principal components makers with high volume production capacity knowing that the competitors use the same makers channels. In that way the compettiors had to go to emergent suppliers with lower volume production capacities, and made all of them wait on the queue.
    Again, do you think Apple was wrong? Do you think they ordered one part that they want sell? What did Apple do that competitors couldn't?
  15.    #75  
    Again, do you think Apple was wrong? Do you think they ordered one part that they want sell? What did Apple do that competitors couldn't?
    Apple invested billions of dollars that the competitors didnīt, they didnīt see that coming.

In some way you can say that is monopoly. In Monopoly you buy or rent.
    How much you can buy ? A lot before the others, you win. Even if your tablet is not such as powerful (SW and hardware) as others. But you have the stock and the others donīt. I have now a free way . I can launch worldwide now, the others donīt. Just me. They will but 2 or 3 months after me. In the meantime I invaded the market already. I leave the others what is left, if it is there something left.
  16.    #76  
    Guys do you remember SJ said in March 2 that all the others brands are copy cats.
    I am trying to find which was the first worlds tablet (slate) unveiled very before the iPad.
    If you have a link I will thank you very much. Thanks.
    Apple invested billions of dollars that the competitors didnīt, they didnīt see that coming.

In some way you can say that is monopoly. In Monopoly you buy or rent.
    How much you can buy ? A lot before the others, you win. Even if your tablet is not such as powerful (SW and hardware) as others. But you have the stock and the others donīt. I have now a free way . I can launch worldwide now, the others donīt. Just me. They will but 2 or 3 months after me. In the meantime I invaded the market already. I leave the others what is left, if it is there something left.
    So, which part of that is morally wrong, illegal, unfair, or otherwise out of bounds? How do you believe business works or should work? Do you believe Apple should have called HP last year and said, "Hey, this tablet thing, we think it is going to really take off. We are going to need a bunch of parts for next year. Just wanted to see if you would like us to reserve you some for a competing product. We'll go ahead and deal with shortages if you want to cherry-pick our best suppliers just to make it fair."

You tell me how you think it should work.
    Guys do you remember SJ said in March 2 that all the others brands are copy cats.
    I am trying to find which was the first worlds tablet (slate) unveiled very before the iPad.
    There was nothing before the ipad. This time apple isn't full of sit, they started and defined the mobile tablet.

Tablet PC's, thick, pastic, (mostly pen operated), bad battery life in relation. Archos had resistive tablets running android.

...and joojoo lol

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  19.    #79  
    So, which part of that is morally wrong, illegal, unfair, or otherwise out of bounds? How do you believe business works or should work? Do you believe Apple should have called HP last year and said, "Hey, this tablet thing, we think it is going to really take off. We are going to need a bunch of parts for next year. Just wanted to see if you would like us to reserve you some for a competing product. We'll go ahead and deal with shortages if you want to cherry-pick our best suppliers just to make it fair."

You tell me how you think it should work.
    The first tablets versions I think (maybe I am wrong) came with a
    LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology, but the Ipad (1) came with a retina display. So competitors for the iPad (1) didnīt have much trouble to launch their tablets.

Now the iPad 2 didnīt come with the retina display this time but with the LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology as most of the competitors are coming with, right?

Apple stockpile the touch panel. Retina displays shortage, Coincidence or made on purpose ?

Some Solutions for the Apple ipad competitors :

1)Create a Consortium where all the others tablets brands are in.

2) Invest in stocks shares of the most required components Taiwan suppliers companies, preferely in those with the highest volume capacity production.

3)Join investing in Samsung stocks shares for alternatives components making. They are worlds first OLED touch panels makers.
    Yes, there were various tablets before the iPad. But, one thing...

NO ONE BOUGHT THEM!

Steve Jobs also said in the iPad 2 event that the first iPad sold more units in 2010 from Apr - Dec, 15 million total, than all other tablets combined.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast