Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    can't wait!!!
    Well, from the Feb. 9th event, it does look like they have some stock apps Enyo ready... oh and a few others like the Kindle app. They could always ship with whats ready, knowing that users will be limited to these stock apps and current Mojo apps, and release an update later to enhance Enyo. They have allready stated that the Veer and Pre3 will ship without Enyo followed by an update later this year.
    Man i hope this news becomes a reality
    Lol I thought your statement was funny, but what's even funnier is everyone's memory loss regarding that brick apple puts out.

Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Lots and lots of software had been developed for PalmOS. So yes. PalmOS had a Software Development Kit.

But it didn't matter, because Apple had just revolutionized the market with their 3G-less, App-less Jesusphone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Either they will push a device that's not yet ready to the market or this is completely false. It was made clear that the framework that makes up webOS 3.0 (Enyo) is still in early alpha, that means, at the very least it's months from release.
    Well, since the alpha was displayed Feb 12th or so, if they were to ship at the end of April, that would give them close to 2 more months. Since HP has more people to debug and dedicate towards finishing it's product as compared to Palm, it may be quite plausible. Either that, or they could ship the tablet with an OTA update soon to follow.
    Hi guys

HP TouchPad will go on sale in April.

HP to start selling WebOS 3.0-based TouchPad in April
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Can't wait!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Well, since the alpha was displayed Feb 12th or so, if they were to ship at the end of April, that would give them close to 2 more months. Since HP has more people to debug and dedicate towards finishing it's product as compared to Palm, it may be quite plausible. Either that, or they could ship the tablet with an OTA update soon to follow.
    well considering enyo is still relatively new, and was only announced in November, and i'm sure they didn't have too too much done prior to the announcement, i must say they are making good time.

it was probably just a matter of educating their staff and implementing it.. that's what would take the most time, because from what I gathered, once u know what you're doing, it's pretty quick and easy with enyo
    Sonner the better for webOS.

Now if I can gain hope for a Sprint Pre3 to use touch to share with it and all will be set....
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    In my mind I imagine the TouchPad as like a giant phone. Can't wait to see it in real life.
    Lots and lots of software had been developed for PalmOS. So yes. PalmOS had a Software Development Kit.

But it didn't matter, because Apple had just revolutionized the market with their 3G-less, App-less Jesusphone.
    I think the PalmOS app craze was forgotten within ~18 months of the iPhone release (and 6 months after the App Store opened). The same could be said for Windows Mobile apps (also ~25,000 in number). From an inherent functionality viewpoint, the original iPhone was a joke compared to the POS and WM equivalents of the time. Of course, those two OSes, and their combined 50,000 apps, were deemed irrelevant ~18 months later.

"We've learned and struggled for a few years here figuring out how to make a decent phone," he said. "PC guys are not going to just figure this out. They're not going to just walk in."
    -- Ed Colligan, Palm CEO on the announcement of the iPhone
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    Interesting rumours now circulating that the ipad 2 is to be announced next week - is the HP move a reaction to that (if either of these rumours are true)?
    <<threads merged>>
    I hope not, because there will be virtually NO apps for it except scaled up existing Mojo apps. They just gave early access devs access to Enyo, and it likely has a lot of work left.
    april launch would be awesome, I'd go play with it right away in store. but I think i'll get getting an iPad. I like webOS phones (gestures).
    It would be great, if true, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    Same news this time it was on Marketwatch. Something is up

HP: TouchPad Shipping By April? - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

By Tiernan Ray

It appears Hewlett-Packard’s (HPQ) iPad competitor, the TouchPad tablet computer, debuted earlier this month, could be coming to market sooner than expected.

Trade paper DigiTimes reporters Yenting Chen and Joseph Tsai report this morning on the Web site that HP will start selling the device in April, citing anonymous “upstream component partners” of HP’s. The sources tell Chen and Tsai shipments are expected at 4 million to 5 million this year.

When the TouchPad was originally announced on February 9th, the expected availability date was “this summer,” to which many analysts responded, “too late.”

HP is to report fiscal Q1 results this afternoon, after the bell.

HP shares are down 99, or 2%, at $47.68.
    Apotheker on Cnbc now regarding releasing the tablet in april as opposed to "this summer" he said "we haven't change our plans...we haven't given a firm date but we haven't changed." Sort of cryptic. But came off very much as saying it's not coming out in april. Analysts agreed that he's saying it's not coming out til summer. Almost no discussion of webos other then, "we have an exciting line of webos products coming." Most of the discussion was about other HP stuff, expanding HP internationally. Note, all the HP stuff and expanding internationally was not discussed in the context of webos it was more about services, printers, i'd guess laptops, etc.
  19.    #40  

Does he need any phone?

I think he just call you via heart. Wireless free of charge.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast