Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    it just basically lists the specs. i was disappointed the guy didn't actually make an argument to back up the claim that everything points to smashing success. there's a lot more to success the specs. regardless time will tell. i just expected like some analysis of the market, evidence companies jumping on board to develop apps, presale numbers, maybe early enterprise orders. but based on what this says the xoom, the RIMM tablet, and half the android tablets at CES would be smashing successes and i just don't think that will be true. It may be a smashing success. this just isn't that persuasive.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    it just basically lists the specs. i was disappointed the guy didn't actually make an argument to back up the claim that everything points to smashing success. there's a lot more to success the specs. regardless time will tell. i just expected like some analysis of the market, evidence companies jumping on board to develop apps, presale numbers, maybe early enterprise orders. but based on what this says the xoom, the RIMM tablet, and half the android tablets at CES would be smashing successes and i just don't think that will be true. It may be a smashing success. this just isn't that persuasive.
    THE SUCCESS CONTINUUM:

/\ smashing success <-- The TouchPad enters the market here?
    || mega success
    || major success
    || big success
    || success
    || basic success
    || minor success
    || minuscule success

fictional success <-- for now I think it's actually here.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Spun differently: between new and pretty amazing hardware arriving soon, HP publicly embracing webOS to the point of putting it on PCs and Rubinstein's promises to "make it right" to original webOS owners, the future of HP's webOS seems sunnier than ever.

People have come a long way from predictions that HP would straight-away abandon webOS and only release the Pre 2 this year... Then when HP proves them wrong and finally showed some of what's in the pipeline (go back two months and see what every other comment on the front page said: "JUST SHOW US WHAT'S COMING"), with hints at more to come soon and their determination to put it on PCs, that's not good enough either, because the Pre 3's 1.4 GHz processor may merely be on par with other high-end phones releasing this summer. Sheesh.
    Amen!

6-12months ago, I truly believed many here had legitiment points, but after HP has shown and continue to show what their plans are for webOS, the posters who probably wont buy HP devices CONTINUE to attempt to find fault with any and everything.

This is why I stopped trying to have a common sense discussion with them, b/c they dont care, its just about attempting to raid on HP's parade of ANY news for webOS current/future users.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123