1.    #1  
    I want to be able to put a peice of paper on my tablet to scan and import its image as a file, like this
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 02/19/2011 at 04:40 PM.
    That is great idea! The only thing is it would take seriously allot of time and energy to make. They would have to completely redo the UI and how it interacts. It is also plausible because it is something that I can see HP creating as a company. The only problem is that almost no one buys them, only businesses. But it is a new market that hasn't opened up yet. I would love to here Ruby's and HP's opinion on this stuff.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  3.    #3  
    But i just want that capability, not really a need for ui redesign. Either have a scan app, or put a paper on the teblet (wile anything is going on on it) and hit a side physical button to scan. Whoever puts this in a tablet first, ill buy it, even if its a windows os tablet lol
    Nice demo and I found the better resolution version if you want to get up close and personal on your widescreen display. ;-)

Either way, thanks for the reference and it does look promising. Would love to see Palm, webOS, and HP take their vision somewhere in the direction. Microsoft has had the Surface market lock stock and barrel for a number of years now and cost wise $10K plus for the basic unit in my eyes overkill and simply price gouging! Sorli...
    Unfortunately the technology to do that in a tablet form factor doesn't exist right now. The Microsoft surface uses IR lights and cameras to detect what's on the screen, but that requires a very thick device. Even with the newer tech in the Surface 2, it's still too thick. You wouldn't be able to get it anywhere near thin enough to use in a tablet. I'd predict that tech being a couple of years out.

Now, a webOS based surface would be an awesome thing for HP to invest in.
    Windows forums are that way ----------->

This is webOS.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Windows forums are that way ----------->

This is webOS.
    I would just like to remark that HP has filed a trademark for TouchCanvas, and you all remember Phil McKinney showing off that screen "wallpaper" foil.

A webOS competitor to Surface may be in the making already.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I would just like to remark that HP has filed a trademark for TouchCanvas, and you all remember Phil McKinney showing off that screen "wallpaper" foil.

A webOS competitor to Surface may be in the making already.
    Maybe. Or HP is going to use Windows 7 AND their WebOS on PC idea and make their own Surface PC (competing with samsung).

And I would like to see this too.