Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    that's why did they choose low quality 18-bit color display?
    When Palm had the higher-quality display than the iPhone, nobody cared. As if anybody could actually discern that many colors, was the refrain then.

Wait, HP has fewer colors? Man, they're so inferior.
    HP does not use the same suppliers as iphone. iphone does not use gorilla glass . its not said what kind of glass it uses so this thread is mut !

"The most expensive part of the iPhone 4 is the LCD display at $28.50, or 15.2 percent of the phone's total cost. The 3.5-inch display features 960-by-630 resolution, four times that of the iPhone 3GS. The display is not labeled, but iSuppli guessed that it was manufactured by LG Display or Toshiba Mobile Display."

The iPhone 4's Priciest Part: the 'Retina Display' | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #24  
    9.7-inch XGA capacitive, multitouch screen with a vibrant 18-bit color, 1024x768 resolution display

(capacitive for a Monitor option: CRT or LCD or LED)

XGA (1024768)

XGA, the Extended Graphics Array, is an IBM display standard introduced in 1990.

Today, it is the most common appellation of the 1024768 pixels display resolution, but the official definition is broader than that. It was not a new and improved replacement for Super VGA, but rather became one particular subset of the broad range of capabilities covered under the "Super VGA" umbrella.

The initial version of XGA expanded upon IBM's VGA, adding support for two resolutions:

* 800600 pixels with high color (16 bits per pixel; i.e.. 65,536 colors).
    * 1024768 pixels with a palette of 256 colors (8 bits per pixel)

Like its predecessor (the IBM 8514), XGA offered fixed function hardware acceleration to offload processing of 2D drawing tasks. XGA and 8514 could offload line-draw, bitmap-copy (bitblt), and color-fill operations from the host CPU. XGA's acceleration was faster than 8514's, and more comprehensive in that it supported more drawing primitives and XGA's 16 bits per pixel (65,536 color) display-mode.

XGA-2 added Truecolor mode for 640480, high color mode and higher refresh rates for 1024768, and improved accelerator performance. All XGA modes have a 4:3 aspect ratio rounded to 8 pixels.

XGA should not be confused with EVGA (Extended Video Graphics Array), a contemporaneous VESA standard.

Source: Graphic display resolutions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    9.7-inch XGA capacitive, multitouch screen with a vibrant 18-bit color, 1024x768 resolution display

(capacitive for a Monitor option: CRT or LCD or LED)

XGA (1024768)

XGA, the Extended Graphics Array, is an IBM display standard introduced in 1990.

Today, it is the most common appellation of the 1024768 pixels display resolution, but the official definition is broader than that. It was not a new and improved replacement for Super VGA, but rather became one particular subset of the broad range of capabilities covered under the "Super VGA" umbrella.

The initial version of XGA expanded upon IBM's VGA, adding support for two resolutions:

* 800600 pixels with high color (16 bits per pixel; i.e.. 65,536 colors).
    * 1024768 pixels with a palette of 256 colors (8 bits per pixel)

Like its predecessor (the IBM 8514), XGA offered fixed function hardware acceleration to offload processing of 2D drawing tasks. XGA and 8514 could offload line-draw, bitmap-copy (bitblt), and color-fill operations from the host CPU. XGA's acceleration was faster than 8514's, and more comprehensive in that it supported more drawing primitives and XGA's 16 bits per pixel (65,536 color) display-mode.

XGA-2 added Truecolor mode for 640480, high color mode and higher refresh rates for 1024768, and improved accelerator performance. All XGA modes have a 4:3 aspect ratio rounded to 8 pixels.

XGA should not be confused with EVGA (Extended Video Graphics Array), a contemporaneous VESA standard.

Source: Graphic display resolutions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    umm no one is talking about resolutions of displays we're talking about who makes them lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The 9.7-inch (25- centimeter) screen, larger than that of the iPhone, is made by South Korea’s LG Display Co. and Samsung Electronics Co., and Japan’s Seiko Epson Corp., according to ISuppli.

Apple May Have IPad Screen Shortages Amid Production Challenges - Businessweek
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    The 9.7-inch (25- centimeter) screen, larger than that of the iPhone, is made by South Korea’s LG Display Co. and Samsung Electronics Co., and Japan’s Seiko Epson Corp., according to ISuppli.

Maybe iSupply or Digitimes sources are not quite reliable , because the post #1 refers to the following suppliers:

Wintek and TPK for the iPad and alternatives suppliers for the other brands : Sintek Photronic, Egalax-empia Technology (EETI), AimCore Technology and J Touch, for the touch panel supply.
    well maybe so . but this was published by bloomberg and it was just published today . so im thinking they got the correct manufactures listed . who knows ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well maybe so . but this was published by bloomberg and it was just published today . so im thinking they got the correct manufactures listed . who knows ?
    It was published on April 19, 2010
    at the top it says 2-18-11 lol i didnt see the other date !! my bad !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12