Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    15 minutes long in HD with a steady-cam and lots of close-ups. Pop it full-screen and get an almost-there demo of the TouchPad.

enjoy
    great find!! Enjoyed it
    Looks like there will be book synergy as well. He mentioned something about barns and nobles as well as opening the reader up to anyone.
    Surprised he showed the back at the end i heard they were not allowed.
    That HP employee says he's been doing the shows for 5 years and you can tell. THIS is the best demo of the TPad yet. Great find!
    contacts, calendar,IM clients,calls (skype),photos,Books, music (coming soon according to engadget interview)...

Anyone doubt video coming? Anyone, anyone?

although I gotta say, i'd prefer 2 apps, or 2 tabs (like in the new app launcher) one for my videos off facebook, youtube, dropbox, etc.. And one for stuff like netflix, hulu, amazon video, fox video, etc...

what else can they bring synergy into?
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    contacts, calendar,IM clients,calls (skype),photos,Books, music (coming soon according to engadget interview)...

Anyone doubt video coming? Anyone, anyone?

although I gotta say, i'd prefer 2 apps, or 2 tabs (like in the new app launcher) one for my videos off facebook, youtube, dropbox, etc.. And one for stuff like netflix, hulu, amazon video, fox video, etc...

what else can they bring synergy into?
    for selecting video to watch, i'd like it to be all in one app. the netflix strip would show my intant que, the youtube strip would show suggested or favorite vids, the on-device strip would show what i've got side loaded, etc.

but each service could also potentially have their own stand alone apps for managing accounts...
    Global Posts
    715 Global Posts
    Well he just confirmed the WiMax or LTE versions for the summer,I'm sold.
    Indeed, what a great salesperson! It helps that the product itself is quite good.
    wish i could watch
    damn work internet isn't streaming it
    Really good find. Thanks.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I think this is the first we see of Just Type on the Pad too... I definitely saw another video where the guy said he wasn't allowed to show it.

In this video it starts at about 8:45. Notice there are tabs along the top so you can have it just show you just -Contacts, -Content, -Actions, or -All. Pretty cool! Although it they split the screen into quadrants and showed it all split up in three squares and then all together in one square that might work better.
    Damn you, HP! Why won't you allow me to take out a credit and buy that sweet thing NOW!

Or maybe a mortgage and the TouchPad, a Pre 3 and a TouchSmart PC. Maybe some saving is in order for this winter (cause I don't see webOS PCs any earlier)
    Great find! Can't wait for pricing. If this is priced competitively will deff be picking one up
    I played it twice, and he DID say it had a gyroscope!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Now that ive seen this more, ive of course have ideas about it. First, so i guess the touchstone tech doesnt interfere with the compass, so i think the phones should have the compass and gyroscope too. Also, people r getting confused with hp calling the touch to share a touchstone technology, when it has nothing to do with the touchstone. I understand that they mean the tech of it, but they should call it the touchstone-backcover and touch-bezel technology or something. Also, that may be why theres no gesture area on the pad. With that being the case, i like the advanced gestures apple was testing in the 4.3 ios beta for ipad, and wouldnt mind seeing those on the touchpad, that would be cool.

And just a couple other ui manipulation things i'd like to see is dragging the panes (or fragments, its ok to standardize) in the email app to see other panes, or to expand them, instead of, or along with the button. Also, i think itd be cool if card view acted like the photo app in ios for ipad. U have a stack of cards and pinch to spread them out, or back into a stack, and two finger turn to rotate the screen or just one card.

---------—------

Edit:
    I do really like the new things the touchpad is bringing to the table like touch to share and bluetooth connectivity to your phone for texts (and calls?). would that work with any phone? Also, should it be over wifi so u get a longer range?
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 02/17/2011 at 06:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    I think this is the first we see of Just Type on the Pad too... I definitely saw another video where the guy said he wasn't allowed to show it.
    He also mentioned Twitter from Just Type as an 'app'. Don't think I've heard that before... Pretty cool though, hope it's a good app
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    He also mentioned Twitter from Just Type as an 'app'. Don't think I've heard that before... Pretty cool though, hope it's a good app
    Me too, though Spaz does this in 2.0.1 currently. Works pretty well!
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    its a regular twitter app, that the developer either has, or will have to add "just type" functionality to. Developers are able to add this functionality for 2.0 devices.
    I think on the demo units it's just a plug-in to send a tweet, there's no actual app (don't quote me), but yeah. I'm sure every twitter dev who carries on to 2.x will integrate just type. Be silly not to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast