Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    I think on the demo units it's just a plug-in to send a tweet, there's no actual app (don't quote me), but yeah. I'm sure every twitter dev who carries on to 2.x will integrate just type. Be silly not to.
    will they have the ability to code in quick actions that someone can do, like post a tweet, without opening the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    15 minutes long in HD with a steady-cam and lots of close-ups. Pop it full-screen and get an almost-there demo of the TouchPad.

enjoy
    Great video of the TouchPad in action. Both HP and RIM have the best tablets coming out.

Check this out:
    Interesting and yes great find. Thanks!

Loved the quick notes about the Kindle app and how they are also talking with Barnes and Noble and opening avenues to other players that is also great news.

I think it is very simple to use and easy to manage application wise. Really looking forward to seeing it in action. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    will they have the ability to code in quick actions that someone can do, like post a tweet, without opening the app?
    That's a good question. I'd like to know that answer, too.

As it stands, posting a tweet using Just Type and Spaz in webOS 2.0.1 is very simple and fast, but the idea of not even having to open an app ... appeals to me.
    This is a great clip. thanks for posting it. I was excited even during the announcement, but the more I see/hear, the more I want a touchpad/pre3 combo pretty bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    its a regular twitter app, that the developer either has, or will have to add "just type" functionality to. Developers are able to add this functionality for 2.0 devices.
    Yeah, I knew that, but it would be nice if there was a native Twitter app, or an app developed by Twitter. Such as (unfortunately I have to compare) the iPad. Since we may not have apps right away that are optimized for the TP, it may be nice to have a free alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Yeah, I knew that, but it would be nice if there was a native Twitter app, or an app developed by Twitter. Such as (unfortunately I have to compare) the iPad. Since we may not have apps right away that are optimized for the TP, it may be nice to have a free alternative.
    Well, HP has said that for the most popular content providers who say they won't build webOS apps on their own, HP will start building apps *for* them, like Palm did for the Facebook app. So that's a possibility.

Also, considering how many Twitter apps popped up relatively quickly for the original Pre, I'd imagine (even with the reduced developer pool & momentum) that these will start coming onto the App Catalog pretty quickly in the weeks after the TP's release.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I'm sure they'll be able to incorporate quick actions, Dan did in remix II, but I believe unless 3.x brings some new hotness, the app will have to open. Like facebook app in 2.x. You type your update, tap facebook, it opens with your update filled in, then you tap "post."
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Well, HP has said that for the most popular content providers who say they won't build webOS apps on their own, HP will start building apps *for* them, like Palm did for the Facebook app. So that's a possibility.

Also, considering how many Twitter apps popped up relatively quickly for the original Pre, I'd imagine (even with the reduced developer pool & momentum) that these will start coming onto the App Catalog pretty quickly in the weeks after the TP's release.
    Very true. Speaking of which, I'm kinda stoked to see what they come up with for a FB app (if at all).

I'm sure they will be popping up, but it may not be right away, not ones that are totally optimized to take up all that real estate. Like Twee, for instance, hasn't been updated since mid-2010. These devs will need to keep up, but maybe with the new introductions of Carbon and phnx, they will.
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Very true. Speaking of which, I'm kinda stoked to see what they come up with for a FB app (if at all).

I'm sure they will be popping up, but it may not be right away, not ones that are totally optimized to take up all that real estate. Like Twee, for instance, hasn't been updated since mid-2010. These devs will need to keep up, but maybe with the new introductions of Carbon and phnx, they will.
    I am fairly certain they will have a very nice FB app.

And considering the initial release of the TP will be wifi, there won't be the same carrier issues with getting some hardware in developer hands a bit early so some core community apps can be tested and ready to roll on launch day.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    That's great! Can't wait to see how it feels in person.
    I really hope they incorporate an on screen gesture to go into card view. That button seems so awkward. I don't see it happening but this is something where the Playbook wins.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12