Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by danwendell View Post
    The Android tablets have the camera, because it is a requirement if they want to install the Android Market on the device.

RIM probably threw it on the Playbook, because everyone else has it.

I think HP should have thrown it in just to meet the 'standard'
    I wouldn't be caught dead in public trying to take a picture with a 10" tablet. Lol! People would just stare at you and think to themselves 'what a loser'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I wouldn't be caught dead in public trying to take a picture with a 10" tablet. Lol! People would just stare at you and think to themselves 'what a loser'.
    But it's not about you. It's about the targeted market. And why do you care what people think about you?
    I agree that a camera would be stupid and would just be following trends. I would have liked to see a higher resolution camera on front, but with touch to share I can take a picture on my Pre and share it with my Touchpad wirelessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    I agree that a camera would be stupid and would just be following trends. I would have liked to see a higher resolution camera on front, but with touch to share I can take a picture on my Pre and share it with my Touchpad wirelessly.
    Following trends? HP making a tablet can be considered a "trend". And having a rear facing camera is a "trend" I would follow.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Following trends? HP making a tablet can be considered a "trend". And having a rear facing camera is a "trend" I would follow.
    But if they wanted to be competitive with the Android tablets galore, they should have included those features that Steve Jobs says you don't need, but others recognize can be important.

HDMI out, MicroSD card slot, etc.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    Well, not on your Pre, but if you get a Pre3 it will work
    Quote Originally Posted by danwendell View Post
    Well, not on your Pre, but if you get a Pre3 it will work
    This is what I meant. For everyone else there's Neato! (yes I know Neato! doesn't do picture transfer, but it is great for web pages, maps, text and more)
    Pop quiz.

Youíre driving down the road and see an odd vehicle on the road. Do you:
    A) Pull out your touchpad to snap a photo.
    B) Pull out your cell phone to snap a photo.
    C) Pull out your digital camera to snap a photo.

I think the answer is either B or C...

papasmurf.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Pop quiz.

Youíre driving down the road and see an odd vehicle on the road. Do you:
    A) Pull out your touchpad to snap a photo.
    B) Pull out your cell phone to snap a photo.
    C) Pull out your digital camera to snap a photo.

I think the answer is either B or C...
    I boot my laptop and use the amazing logitec webcam! Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    It was pointed out to me that a rear camera would be used for augmented reality. I haven't found any apps of that sort that are anything other than junk* just yet, but it would be best to have the camera there for when there're quality uses for it.

*I haven't tried any since first getting my EVO in November, so this could be different by now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    +1

I've tried a few AU games on i-devices, and they're pretty interesting. Google Goggles also, barcode apps, etc. would all benefit from a rear-facing camera.
    Its ALL opinion oriented.

Just because you have absolutely no desire to use a camera on the back, someone else might. Some people will not have a Pre as a phone to Tap to share pictures.
    I can tell you several times when I wish I could take a real fast-spur of the moment picture when the camera was not in my hand but what if my Tablet was. What if someone just wanted to goof off with it? Maybe you could show off a video as your taking it. There could be reasons for it.

I'd rather it had one but overall I really dont care.
    new idea... Obviously the market is trending to the bigger is better again. We need to start making cameras bigger to compete.
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    What if someone just wanted to goof off with it?
    By this logic, you could argue with equal compulsion that the TP will be a failure because they did not choose to ship it with a bouncy ball in the box.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    I can tell you several times when I wish I could take a real fast-spur of the moment picture when the camera was not in my hand but what if my Tablet was. What if someone just wanted to goof off with it? Maybe you could show off a video as your taking it. There could be reasons for it.
    This is how i feel. It isnt necessary...but it would be nice to have in those moments you need it. It would never be used as your main camera, but if you had it out and were using your TouchPad, and you just want to take a quick, stupid photo of something random, it would be convenient.

90% of the time, you wouldnt use it...but that 10% of the time you would...it would be nice to have...and it wouldnt be hard or expensive to include one anyways.
    It would be about having OPTIONS! As long as something else important isn't sacrificed. A rear facing camera is more about content creation than anything else. It's the kind of feature that if used to its potential, makes for good marketing.

e.g. make and edit movies and pictures anywhere you are and show some young adult in skinny jeans, a scarf and cool 1980 sun glasses doing it with a big smile in New York city, Seattle, Los Angeles or backpacking in Europe; then uploading it to a well known popular website.
    because the iPad doesn't have it (yet)
    Really there is no point of having a camera on a huge tablet. Plan in simple why waste dollars on a unit feature that is hardly ever used if anything. Just to say, "O my tablet can do this" really how many times those 2 OS going to use google star app. lol maybe to show off but it is not practical IMO very smart business wise move.
    ...because no one really cares, not even the apple faithful contemplating the Ipad2:

"Camera for me is "meh"; I personally don't have much use for it "

What new features would make you buy ipad2? - MacRumors Forums

Anandtech also sheds some light on the superfluous nature of a rear facing tablet cam:

"I canít help but feel absolutely ridiculous using a tablet to take pictures of something, but it does work."

Anandtech's Xoom review

This is why HP would not include a rear-facing camera on the TouchPad.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456