1.    #1  
    HP looks like they're going for the whole audio quality/experience thing with Beats audio, etc. And for any bluetooth users out there, you know that the current (SBC) codec for bluetooth is pretty bad. Don't you think the Touchpad should support the apt-x codec also?
    I really wish for apt-X support. That would be great.
    +1
    So how does apt-x work? What's needed on the hardware source side? Just an additional codec or hardware or both? And then what's needed on the hardware receiver side? Is it like a separate proprietary Bluetooth profile that must be supported by the particular headset?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    So how does apt-x work? What's needed on the hardware source side? Just an additional codec or hardware or both? And then what's needed on the hardware receiver side? Is it like a separate proprietary Bluetooth profile that must be supported by the particular headset?
    Yes, on the receiver side the headset must support apt-x.. Although I admit there aren't many that do.. An example would be the Jaybird SB2.
    Not sure what's needed on the hardware source side..
    I'd be happier if HP included the necessary code for data transfer over blutooth, would be more useful than a higher quality sound. Not saying I dont want higher quality sound, I do, just want wireless data transfer more