Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    There is a company TAT from sweden already bought by RIM who are still working on the FUture of the Screen Technology.

Almost at the end of this video you can watch two guys sharing images using a mirror wi-fi screen technology. Before that you also can watch when two journalist colleagues sharing a image too, with just tap and swiveling it, in order the colleague next in front of her can see it and he turned it back to her just doing the same, like she did.

Here the video:

This technology is yet in R&D but will come sometime. I sent this video link via twitter to @philmckinney who is in charge of the screen display development ,I think in HP.

I hope HP will come first than RIM but this last already is the owner of TAT who IMHO are very advanced in this R&D.

Time will tell.
    HP will come first with it, announce it, demo it, give out the technical specs, then release it 6 months later - giving competitors time to get it out first. This is what I found odd about the Feb 9th showcase. They show off all this cool stuff, let every competitor know about it and then don't release it. I know it will take others more than 4 months to investigate, design, test and release some of these features, but why show your hand so early?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    HP will come first with it, announce it, demo it, give out the technical specs, then release it 6 months later - giving competitors time to get it out first. This is what I found odd about the Feb 9th showcase. They show off all this cool stuff, let every competitor know about it and then don't release it. I know it will take others more than 4 months to investigate, design, test and release some of these features, but why show your hand so early?
    I agree that it would have been better for HP to wait before unveiling so much. If they had waited two months - then the Veer release would have been right away. And the Touchpad + Preł would be fairly close to market.

However you only need to look around the forums to see all the complaining and worrying before the February 9th event was announced, "what's HP doing?", "when are we going to see some new hardware?" etc. etc.

It seems that between having something to show at MWC 2011, yet not announcing/displaying anything major at MWC 2011 (and therefore being drowned out by other MWC news), and tamping down the concerns from webOS fans...they announced things on the 9th even though they knew they didn't have everything in place.

It's all over now though. Hopefully they can get tap-to-share out in the market before others can - or demonstrate similar functionality.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I was told specifically at the ThinkBeyond event that Touch2Share would even allow playing of a game from one device, pause it & start playing from the same spot on the other...

If it can do that, then I'm sure the possibilities are HUGE.
    Nice to see HP join the Bump game. What I don't understand is why they are not able to do at least everything that the iOS version can do. Also, if you can only get one thing out the door first, why not make it something more interesting than sharing URLs? When released, it will not only fail to impress as something new, it will not be feature competitive, and the one feature it has is not the most interesting.
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Gami View Post
    I agree that it would have been better for HP to wait before unveiling so much. If they had waited two months - then the Veer release would have been right away. And the Touchpad + Preł would be fairly close to market.

However you only need to look around the forums to see all the complaining and worrying before the February 9th event was announced, "what's HP doing?", "when are we going to see some new hardware?" etc. etc.

It seems that between having something to show at MWC 2011, yet not announcing/displaying anything major at MWC 2011 (and therefore being drowned out by other MWC news), and tamping down the concerns from webOS fans...they announced things on the 9th even though they knew they didn't have everything in place.

It's all over now though. Hopefully they can get tap-to-share out in the market before others can - or demonstrate similar functionality.
    Too late - today's announcements out about gingerbread and how nfc can be used with Bluetooth provide for a wider range of potential applications. Palm will not be able to duplicate it in this generation of tech without changing their specification to add an nfc chip.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12