1.    #1  
    As is see they just have used a standard bluetooth keyboard. If i would have designed the keyboard, i would have build in a small screen, which shows the currecent screen of the Pad. On this screen you would be able to perform your gestures, because if i use a keyboard the screen/pad will be 50cm away from me. I would have to stretch myself to change a app or open a mail. On this small screen i could to this stuff.

An example for something like this is the EEE Keyboard PC.
    right..idk about you, but personally I would rather not have to spend as much on the accessory as i did on the actual device.

Amazon.com: ASUS EeeKeyboard: Computer & Accessories
    Yes keyboard are expensive. Just spent 350 on one.
  4.    #4  
    hm, they could make a low buget version with just a gesture area without screen. like on the phone it would have only a few leds for visualation. You could do the basics like changing between cards, closing cards or open a new card
    That would probably still be a pretty expensive kb.

The whole gesture thing would probably result in thousands of extra tech support calls and warranty returns.

Yes I spilled coffee on it, but there warn't any sugar innit
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    hm, they could make a low buget version with just a gesture area without screen. like on the phone it would have only a few leds for visualation. You could do the basics like changing between cards, closing cards or open a new card
    Hopefully someone will develop a patch so we can use our retired webOS phone for gestures on a touchpad...