Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tikerz
  1.    #1  
    HP TouchPad commercials in the 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards.

As a part of the HP “Everybody On” Global Marketing Campaign,this year the GRAMMY Awards telecast will feature the new HP TouchPad, the first HP webOS tablet, displaying what’s coming up next in the show in some CBS/GRAMMY on-air bumpers leading into commercial breaks.

Press Release: HP Launches “Everybody On” Global Marketing Campaign

More information is available at HP Everybody On | Bringing Passions to Life where you can find a Commercial featuring Alicia Keys to debut during 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards. Not of the HP touchpad but of the HP computers.

My guess is that maybe HP is going to show the same the HP TouchPad ads we have seen already, unless they have new commercials. However is good to know they are starting the marketing campaing for webos products with hollywood stars as usual.

About the 53rd GRAMMY® Awards on the official site:
    53rd GRAMMY Awards Slated For Feb. 13, 2011 | GRAMMY.com

or here: http://www.grammy.com/
    Last edited by akitayo; 02/11/2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: More information
    For a product you won't be able to buy until the coming months... this will be just as good as the SF event.

Sfm Evo
    The Engadget Interview: Jon Rubinstein and Steven McArthur talk webOS on PCs, 'Music Synergy,' competition, and more

Jon: As soon as we have products. We have nothing to advertise now. Soon you'll see the "Everybody On" campaign.

Steven: It starts tomorrow -- watch the Grammys this weekend.

Jon: And as we start shipping these, you'll see a compelling marketing campaign around them.

To me, it sound like a new commercial pertaining to this "Everybody On" campaign. It also sounds like those people above the crowd that they show at some of these shows (haven't watched the Grammy's in years due to no deserving artists nominated, so I'm not sure if they have it), may be displaying the TP's before a commercial.

Either way, I'll probably DVR it and skip around until I see the HP stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    If they really show a TouchPad like this to a national audience this weekend it will sell a ton of iPads.
    Wow, good point
    Wonder if this will be as successful as them getting all the celebrities to hold a Pre/Pixi and have their picture taken?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Wonder if this will be as successful as them getting all the celebrities to hold a Pre/Pixi and have their picture taken?
    Different device different reactions. Maybe. Hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Different device different reactions. Maybe. Hope.
    "Cool looking ________! When can I buy it?!?"
    "..........."
    [/conversation]
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    The Engadget Interview: Jon Rubinstein and Steven McArthur talk webOS on PCs, 'Music Synergy,' competition, and more

To me, it sound like a new commercial pertaining to this "Everybody On" campaign. It also sounds like those people above the crowd that they show at some of these shows (haven't watched the Grammy's in years due to no deserving artists nominated, so I'm not sure if they have it), may be displaying the TP's before a commercial.

Either way, I'll probably DVR it and skip around until I see the HP stuff
    Maybe Alicia Keys will show the device as well.

Do you know where I can find a CBS channels list, to see if one of them will show the event for South America.? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Maybe Alicia Keys will show the device as well.

Do you know where I can find a CBS channels list, to see if one of them will show the event for South America.? Thanks
    tvguide.com ?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    tvguide.com ?
    Thanks I will browse that site too.

I found that AXN, SONY TV and Animax will show the event for TV cable or satellite customers.

Event time for Spain 02:00 Feb 14th
    Ecuador 8 or 9 p.m Feb 13th.
    USA: CBS 8PM ET/PT, February 13

and for latin america the event will be live on TNT http://tnt.amoelcine.com/la/index.jsp

10:00 p.m (22:00)
    Last edited by akitayo; 02/12/2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: more information
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    "Cool looking ________! When can I buy it?!?"
    "..........."
    [/conversation]
    well, there is vague rumor posted on BGR now that the TouchPad will be launched in June with a tag price $699 , not clear if it is the 16GB or 32 GB or a 3G or 4G

HP TouchPad planned for June, priced at $699? | BGR | Boy Genius Report

What would be the ideal prices, considering the competition ?
    They previewed this commercial at the event. According to the liveblog, it was pretty lame.
    The Alicia Keys commercial has nothing to do with the TouchPad and is "just" part of HP's new 'Everybody On' image campaign, expounding Beats Audio a little ("HP computers let my music sound just like I intended it to").

Unless they went and made another one I'm not aware of.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    They previewed this commercial at the event. According to the liveblog, it was pretty lame.
    We were there and the reaction to it was very positive. They did say they will be creating mobile specific commercials, but this one is the taste they gave.
    I was following the PC liveblog word for word. I wasn't there. But, I trust the PC editors.
    What I will say is great is HP has the bucks to do this stuff right. I quibble with their ad agency, but they have the muscle to make it work. Unfortunately, right now they have no product to back it up. I think they should start with the Touchpad because the Pre is a known quantity. It'll bring back memories of orange and the ghost lady.

I'm rooting for them though.
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Last edited by dna550; 11/06/2011 at 02:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Thanks for the screenshots. Looks like it will be a major contender to the iPad. I hope they sell a lot of them.
    DeadVim likes this.
    lmao!