Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Wow. Hope this is wrong.

We don't know what model, and I'd hope this would be a 3G model, but that's not the case if those are coming out later in the year.

They should be undercutting the iPad, which is $599 for the 32GB version. Look at maybe, $549? You need to be competitive in pricing as well to stay afloat, this isn't.

EDIT: Actually, need to take a step back and pour some salt on this. Most everything that has been 'leaked' thus far has been bullsh*t, and I guarantee HP is only beginning on price points as they haven't even finished the hardware or OS on the device. Calling BS on this and I'll call it until the real pricing is announced.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    with a killer app catalog i will be able to justify the purchase.
    Killer app catalog? Do you know something the rest of us don't? Care to share?
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    The $630 iPad is bundled with a Verizon mifi. If you're talking June with no carrier announcements made this week then the $699 is probably for a wifi TouchPad.
    Well then, surely HP needs to shut down all of their silly plans.
    /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    EDIT: Actually, need to take a step back and pour some salt on this. Most everything that has been 'leaked' thus far has been bullsh*t, and I guarantee HP is only beginning on price points as they haven't even finished the hardware or OS on the device. Calling BS on this and I'll call it until the real pricing is announced.
    Even the Boy Genius has a ? after the headline.

This is a troll thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Well then, surely HP needs to shut down all of their silly plans.
    /sarcasm
    If their plan is to release a $700 wifi iPad wannabe, then yes. They need to shut it down.
    There are plenty of people in the world who would still buy it at that price . Just sayin !

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    If it is anything over $500 I guess I have to go iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    There are plenty of people in the world who would still buy it at that price . Just sayin !

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I don't even think there are plenty of people on PC who would buy it at that price. Remember all the people who said they would buy a Slate?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Even the Boy Genius has a ? after the headline.

This is a troll thread.
    Considering the market they're shooting for and the components used, this is a very feasible price. Many here expect it to be exponentially less than the iPad yet be more functional.
    Being able to run flash alone in the web browser is worth an extra 50 bucks to me.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Being able to run flash alone in the web browser is worth an extra 50 bucks to me.
    Cool. Out of curiosity, what is the pressing need for Flash for you? Which sites in particular are you most interested in using that are Flash-driven? Just curious.
    Is it worth an extra $200?
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Better be for the data version with decent storage. Wifi only shouldn't be any higher than $500.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I don't buy an ipad cause it's to much. You get laptops for that price
    Cool. Out of curiosity, what is the pressing need for Flash for you? Which sites in particular are you most interested in using that are Flash-driven? Just curious.
    Video sites using Flash is one. Though I'd think that would eat up the battery. There's also some websites that still are in Flash.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Video sites using Flash is one. Though I'd think that would eat up the battery. There's also some websites that still are in Flash.
    Which video sites? Most have adopted H.264 due to the iPads success.
    Which video sites? Most have adopted H.264 due to the iPads success.
    Now, now, this is a family site.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    I don't buy an ipad cause it's to much. You get laptops for that price
    There is a new thread where the guy is saying $499?!?!? WHat is it?
    It's too early to really consider this. There will be a much different tablet market facing HP in "summer" or whenever this drops. They should start competitive, then let market pressures/what people are willing to pay for drive it down from there.
    lol someone just made a thread said its going to come out in june for 499...
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast