Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41  
    ...and I am also seriously considering the TouchPad, but am not totally sold on how any of these "pad" devices can replace my laptop at this point
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    My original Pre is still going strong, though I did convert it to a Plus maybe 6 months ago.
    Doesn't that really say it all, really? I mean, seriously: how can you say your original Pre "is still going strong" when you've hacked it into a Plus in order to compensate for its deficiencies? At least, I assume that's why you did it; I can think of no other logical reason. I know that after using an Epic for a few weeks now, my own Sprint Pre no longer suffices in terms of overall performance.

    I used to be one of the staunchest supporters of webOS, but now, 20 months after buying my Pre and still being unable to edit Office docs or make voice recordings, I have to finally admit that the platform has been terribly mismanaged. At the very least, regardless of the reasons, I have to admit that it's not a viable competitor to iOS and Android. Maybe it will be someday when it's capable of performing the same functions and has all of the same categories of apps, but it's certainly not at this point.

    If the TouchPad were available this month with QuickOffice and a Nook reader app, I'd be interested in it, I suppose. However, the notion of waiting as much as six months (or maybe more) and with uncertainty as to what apps will actually be available for it by then, honestly makes me queasy. In fact, the thought of waiting for ANYTHING that would make webOS, finally, useful for me makes me queasy.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Doesn't that really say it all, really? I mean, seriously: how can you say your original Pre "is still going strong" when you've hacked it into a Plus in order to compensate for its deficiencies? At least, I assume that's why you did it; I can think of no other logical reason. I know that after using an Epic for a few weeks now, my own Sprint Pre no longer suffices in terms of overall performance.
    I mainly did it for the 16GB of storage, to be honest, and because nobody had posted about it at the time, so I wanted to see if I could get it to work (and a bad ESN Pre Plus was cheap on ebay at the time.)

    The increased storage wasn't a necessity, but it was a nice convenience.
  4. Olidie's Avatar
    Posts
    385 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #44  
    I am getting a TouchPad.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I mainly did it for the 16GB of storage, to be honest, and because nobody had posted about it at the time, so I wanted to see if I could get it to work (and a bad ESN Pre Plus was cheap on ebay at the time.)

    The increased storage wasn't a necessity, but it was a nice convenience.
    Alrighty, I hear you, but perhaps your perception of your Pre as "still going strong" is colored by the 512MB of RAM. Were you still getting TMC errors as often as Pre- users get them, maybe you'd no longer be quite so happy with it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Alrighty, I hear you, but perhaps your perception of your Pre as "still going strong" is colored by the 512MB of RAM. Were you still getting TMC errors as often as Pre- users get them, maybe you'd no longer be quite so happy with it.
    I haven't seen a TMC error since, I don't even know when.... Not plussed, just overclocked (which seems to fix all TMC problems I used to have).

    Of course, I don't run a -ton- of windows at once either, maybe 3-6 at a time depending on what I'm doing at most.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Alrighty, I hear you, but perhaps your perception of your Pre as "still going strong" is colored by the 512MB of RAM. Were you still getting TMC errors as often as Pre- users get them, maybe you'd no longer be quite so happy with it.
    That's definitely true, I do have to say that I hated playing PDK games before the Plus, and it's actually worthwhile now. Still wouldn't mean they treated me poorly though.

    Anyway, I think I've made my point so I'll stop cluttering this negative thread with my positivity so we can get back on topic.
  8. #48  
    I think most of the euphoria is because we finally got to see some new hardware lol


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions