1.    #1  
    I want it to be a matte finish. My friends that never got a touchstone, afte a while their Pre looked like crap because it wasn't glossy and all scratched up. The matte finish for the touchstone makes mine still look pretty sexy. Is anyone else on the same level of thought as me on this?
    I would greatly prefer a matte finish. Better grip, less fingerprints, and overall a higher quality feel. Also, I can't imagine it costing a whole lot more to manufacture, but what do I know?

Another argument could be made for consistency. Every webOS phone after the Pre Minus has a matte backing as default. Why go back to that cheap, glossy plastic now?
    Unifying their pc look. My laptop has that same glossy look on the lid.
    ^ Well, their PC/laptop line is pretty diverse. My HP laptop has an aluminum lid. I wouldn't mind an aluminum backing at all.
    +1. I started hating glossy plastic since I had my Pavilion DV6000. No, thanks.
    My Dell XPS 16 is glossy black, and it's gorgeous, but. It does have a strip of aluminium and also a leather one. I personally liked the glossiness of the treo pro more than my matte pre 2, but it seems like that I am an exception. Even though, I prefer the aluminum finish of my iPad.
    Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    Yeah I hated the DV6000's glossy look. A lot of HP stuff (including monitors) were too glossy for my tastes.
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    Yeah I hated the DV6000's glossy look. A lot of HP stuff (including monitors) were too glossy for my tastes.
    My ZR30w is matte and delicious.
    i would like it to be the soft touch plastic like my evo back.

even though as soon as bodygueardz makes a protector for it i'm putting that on.