1.    #1  
    Of all the demos / videos of the TouchPad I have not seen one case where the user did a pinch to zoom of some other multi-touch function. I find this odd. Has anyone seen a video where they use the multi-touch gestures? Please prove me wrong
    Maybe its not ready yet. Its called the touchpad it should be able to touch with more than one fingers, if not #FAIL
    on one of the videos they typed something ending with an "?" and this was typed using shift + something on the same time... so multitouch is there
    EDIT:

just check the HP pages - touchpad specs:

Display 9.7-inch XGA capacitive, multitouch screen with a vibrant 18-bit color, 1024x768 resolution display
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i agree with the op, yes there are no gestures, but i do recall an article about 2 finger swipes. hopefully those were not ready to be shown yet but will be ready for launch! hitting the home button all the time is just so unlike webOS i cant imagine they are totally happy with that solution
  6.    #6  
    They did use the shift key on the keyboard so thats two touches. But what I'm saying is I did not see a single multi-touch gesture used. I'm aware the hardware is capable, if it wasn't I wouldn't want one so badly!

Just an observation, didn't see any gestures used.