Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Boy, I was really hoping for stylus support. I think everybody, including Apple, is really missing an opportunity to snag way more of the college market. What a perfect replacement for notebooks if it only had stylus support.
    Amen, I was really hoping for some kind of pen input to go along with some kind of OneNote like app. Really too bad.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    That is because they are using capacitive touchscreens, not resistive touchscreens.
    Capacitive sensing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A stylus for a capacitive touchscreen is generally more clunky than a resistive one.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrath View Post
    That is because they are using capacitive touchscreens, not resistive touchscreens.

A stylus for a capacitive touchscreen is generally more clunky than a resistive one.
    Yes, I know exactly why. There are technology issues that have to be resolved. But one day, somebody is going to solve them on a tablet and have a UI that responds to touch but also allow pen input - and wow. What a perfect computing device for a student it will be.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    OK, I don't know much about this, but these are the kinds of styluses (styli?) you are talking about, right?

If so......

I'd pay actual money for a drawing/note taking app, and be willing to purchase a stylus if that were ever to be available. I do both math and music, neither of which is very easy to notate with a keyboard.
    HP already do laptops with both touch and stylus input. I wouldn't be surprised to see that configuration on a high-end TouchPad.
    WACOM. Active digitizer would be a million kinds of awesome, and would give the original Apple-devoted group of professional hipsters - graphic designers - serious reason to consider switching. They'd hate HP for offering the product, hate Apple for not doing it, but buy the Wacom TouchPad anyway because it'd be an offer they couldn't refuse.
    People trash resistive displays foer, well, sucking, but they are in fact far more accurate than capacitative ones.
    stylus would be really nice, but not top priority. For typical consumer that uses tablet on couch to do web/email/etc it has no benefit, as it is more expensive technology. After this top priority cheap(relatively) average consumer tablet comes out, (and after they get out a 7" consumer tablet) then HP can think about making a higher end hybrid touch/digitizer tablet to fill that niche

stylus also comes with a bad wrap in the general market, even a tablet with stylus+touch would probably be frowned upon by ignorant consumers just because it has a stylus so it must not be touch friendly or ipad like.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrath View Post

I think the hope was to use a Wacom system. These can be used in conjunction with a capacitive touchscreen, like many Tablet PC's available today.
    Wacom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    i would rather use my fingers than a stylus ?? i dont get it ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    For someone using their device for very precise stuff, such as an architect, a stylus is much more accurate.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Note taking/drawing is what they're mostly discussing a need for a stylus.

That would be the perfect tablet on our construction sites with finger to control all but note taking (i.e. handwriting) and drawing. Fingers are just too inaccurate and wide to get best results.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    For someone using their device for very precise stuff, such as an architect, a stylus is much more accurate.

Sent from my eVo
    What she said. :hehe
    I see pandas.
    ok i guess lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I expect at least one, higher-end TouchPad model to support a pressure-sensitive stylus from Wacom or another vendor, for artists etc. {Jonathan}
    I was waiting for the iPad competitors to arrive so I could evaluate my options properly.
    I desperately wanted the HP TouchPad to have optional stylus input. Alas, they are all the same finger input, so that analysis variable is moot.
    "Be excellent to each other!" -Bill & Ted
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Sure. That's why tablet PC computers haven't been too popular - because navigating the user interface required the use of the pen.

But in this case, the main user interface would be completely touch driven. However, you would be able to pop out a hidden pen if you needed to take notes or do detail work.

Think about a college student in a math class - a keyboard just wont work. Or, as others have mentioned, a artist or an architect.

Somebody someday is going release a touch based tablet with pen support running iOS, Android, WebOS, etc. and it will freaking fly off of the shelves.
    Hey it's 2011, and I want it ALL!!!!!

I want to use finger/fingertip/and stylus for input! Heck I want to multi-touch with TWO stylus's, or even THREE! Would it be too much to ask for some force-feedback?

It's not my concern how hard it is for the geek inventors to make it happen, just make it happen SOON!
    It is not the end of the world, but it would have been nice.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast