1.    #1  
    I just wanted to verify that I have not missed any information on this.
    The feature I was most excited about regarding the Touchpad was the video dock. However i haven't seen any information on this at all. I won't be buying it without this, but luckily it is a long time before it is released.
    Wondering about this too...
    I believe it could exist.. or what was the technology used in the presentation? as they told on the beginning: "dont be afraid of the cable, its just to make it visible on the screen behind". So there is something that they used to provide video from the touchpad to the big screen. could be the technology used for the video dock. or what was it? really curious.
  4.    #4  
    There is an advert running for the IPad in the UK at the moment, and the very last bit shows content from the IPad on a large TV. There is a box next to the TV so I guess it is being routed through that, but I thought it was funny that Apple had a commercial showing the one thing I was most excited about, just before the HP event. I originally thought that the touchstone was the item that had the HDMI connector and that the Touchpad had video streamed through that. I guess that the touchstone is supposed to stream to the video dock and then to the TV, but there was no sign of this device. That really disappointed me, but no-where near enough to buy an IPad, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    I believe it could exist.. or what was the technology used in the presentation? as they told on the beginning: "dont be afraid of the cable, its just to make it visible on the screen behind". So there is something that they used to provide video from the touchpad to the big screen. could be the technology used for the video dock. or what was it? really curious.
    That thing was huge. Pretty sure the cables were going through a hole in the device. They do the same for phone presentations. It's just so they can link with the interface to project what it's doing, I don't think it was close to a true 'video out'.

Really hope this thing does come out, it would be an awesome addition and make the device even more enticing to those that don't know about it. I do think HP has more down the pipeline as far as TS tech goes, they only briefly mentioned about the ability for the phone to know what TS it is docked to, and we haven't heard anything since.
    In the coming months!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Video output,HDMI or whatever, is vital to my needs, with work and play.
    hope this will fit the bill!
    WHEW HEW! What a ride!