1.    #1  
    I wonder how the touchstone will "really" be implemented. My ideal scenario would be profile based. Eg:
    Home
    - if i dock the phone, calls get routed to TouchPad, at the same time, the bluetooth headphone that was connected to the phone, get switched to the TouchPad. That way i can continue listening to music from the TouchPad and take calls from the headphone.
    - if i dock both phone and TouchPad, headphone stays on TouchPad.
    - if TouchPad docks and phone not, headphone goes back to phone.

Office
    -dock phone, it goes silent mode but not connect to touchpad (which shud be tucked away in my bag, plus no touchpad touchstone if office). heaphone stays on phone.

I wonder if this is the case.
    Pretty sure the phone Touchstones are the same Touchstones we know today, just charging and nothing.

The data exchange is still through the phone's wireless network. It's possible some location awareness info can be attached to the pad Touchstone, and when the phone is near it and docked it'll send.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    The only "change" to the touchstone that I saw was the creation of a cradle to provide touchstone functionality to the tablet.

I didn't see anything to indicate that the TS that comes with either phone will be any different from what we have now - except they will probably say "HP" instead of "Palm".
    I think the OP is talking about the feature where the device knows where it is being docked. For example, when its on a touchstone at home, it knows its at home. When its at work, it knows its at work. They didn't really go into detail about this. But it was mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    The only "change" to the touchstone that I saw was the creation of a cradle to provide touchstone functionality to the tablet.

I didn't see anything to indicate that the TS that comes with either phone will be any different from what we have now - except they will probably say "HP" instead of "Palm".
    I think the new Touchstones are now unbranded, recall seeing such a pic in the presentation.

Although on the Palm website it still says Palm.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, they did mention bout the devices knowing which touchstone it's docked on, but no mention of whether it will be for existing or newer touchstones.

Add one more scenario that i would really love:
    - when i place it on the touchstone in my car, it'll disconnect the BT headphone, and connect to the car stereo BT. And will prob also load the default playlist and starts playing music, and at the same time, launch the navigation app, if any.