Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I guess webos as a prebooter on windows machines will be the future of the remnants of Palm.

I'm literally embarrassed to be such a palm loyalist.

how the hell did a company like HP fail this hard with Palm and webos?
    Seigler is the biggest apple fan out there.. I stopped reading techcrunch bc of his drivle

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    iPad 3 in the fall? What the hell is this guy smoking?
  4.    #4  
    you know, it really doesn't matter. Ipad2 will be out in a couple weeks, and touchpad will be am afterthought. Just like the pre.

shame really.i really really love webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    you know, it really doesn't matter. Ipad2 will be out in a couple weeks, and touchpad will be am afterthought. Just like the pre.

shame really.i really really love webos.
    So you believe that when the HP devices are ready, they will just shove them into the market, with no additional press conference? By the time they are released, it would seem there would be more to mention, like Apps/Developers and such.

Interesting approach, announce early, and months later just release. No fanfare, no conference, just sell and hope for the best. No wonder they are the largest tech company in the world.
    A bunch of ****ing haters here...that touchpad smokes the ipad n even if ipad2 is here I'm still getting that touchpaf cuz is real nice
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    iPad 3 this fall?!

iPad 4 coming January 2012!
    more like a wishful thinking of crunchgear's appleheads.

cannot, what a colorful words.
  9.    #9  
    look, I've been a steadfast supporter of palm devices since before the 300.

I've never owned a non-palm smartphone since buying a 300.

i'm not a hater, just realistic. There was a window to beat up ipad. That window will be closed "in the coming months."
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    When Apple announces a product, it's done boxed and going to come out within a set time.

When Palm announces a product, it's shown off at a show and then comes out next year.
  11.    #11  
    It kills me. I just watched the presentation again, and this is a really fantastic tablet. Unfortunately, when it comes out ipad will already have another iteration out, and millions of more customers will be taken from buying the TouchPad. That means less support from development companies and less commercial success.

Damnit, release this thing before ipad2 so you get a customer base! Shame apple for their lackluster OS!

They really did build a great product. Just put it out on the market and make quick updates to webos 3.0 to correct for bugs.
    This information is based off what John Gruber has said. Gruber has generally been pretty accurate and knows a lot of inside people at Apple. He's also well connected with Apple, in fact, he's been toting around a Verizon iPhone for well over a month now (provided directly from Apple).

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple pushes a 6-month cycle or changes the cycle from a spring to fall release with the iPad.
    I don't think HP ever thought the first WebOS tablet they made really had a chance of putting any significant dent into the ipad. I really don't.

Just like Microsoft knew when they built the original Xbox that it would always be a distant second to the PS2. But look where things are now.

It's more important that HP just hold it's course and start pumping out products. That's far more important than beating apple to release.

If the TouchPad launched tomorrow, it's not going to affect ipad2 sales in any noticeable way. Nobody, not even HP, believes that.
    Apple can make another 3 generation, it still won't have true multitasking or beautiful notification.

HP is a big guy, all it needs to do, is to do excellent marketing. A product needs longevity, but not always in the forefront of hardwares, apple macs are always mediocre in terms of horsepower.

Daring fireball can shout a million times this or that, since he was an apple insider with apple bias, doesn't mean HP needs to follow, just like when he shouted million times asks H.264 to be video standard and Mozilla to "get on board with safari", guess what, H.264 is fading.

Lets put these things in prospective. Fact is touchpad has supurb horse power, thats whats important. It doesn't have to have "best hardwares", it doesn't run iOS or android, or windows or OSX.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    When Apple announces a product, it's done boxed and going to come out within a set time.

When Palm announces a product, it's shown off at a show and then comes out next year.
    Problem is seeing how HP is going the TouchPad will
    probably be priced at near twice the IPad!
    Two words: Todd Bradley.

He nearly killed Palm as the CEO in the 2004-2005 timeframe - now he's completed the job.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Without key differentiators like the gesture area, the TouchPad is just "another tablet".

I know there are other advantages to WebOS, but gestures is what made the interface more elegant than iOS.

I guess RIM invented gestures for tablets.
    I guess webos as a prebooter on windows machines will be the future of the remnants of Palm.

I'm literally embarrassed to be such a palm loyalist.

I agree with the palm fail but with upcoming laptops they will have solid state drives or hybrid hard drives. With new flash solid state there is essentially no boot time and essential no need for a preboot os. Oh Hpalm, Why?
    Last edited by yaggermr; 02/10/2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: edit
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    look, I've been a steadfast supporter of palm devices since before the 300.

I've never owned a non-palm smartphone since buying a 300.

i'm not a hater, just realistic. There was a window to beat up ipad. That window will be closed "in the coming months."
    You're daft. I'm sorry but if the TouchPad cannot compete in 4 months then it cannot compete if it were released today. The iPad 3 isn't coming this fall. Apple has yearly releases. The iPad 2 isn't going to be featuring specs that are well above and beyond what the other high-end tablet devices are going to feature. Specs do not matter. User Experience does. If you like the experience of webOS why does it matter what Apple does?

HP has the ability to scale webOS the way that no other platform can. Releasing this summer makes a whole lot more sense than releasing today and not have the apps and support needed to succeed. The daftness of this forum is maddening.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast