1.    #1  
    hp just doesn't get it.
    i literally was ready to pre order this device today or go buy it tomorrow. ok so give em a break not today or tomorrow but when apple announces something they are clear and direct, this is available in 2 weeks it costs this much, go buy it.

i really want this thing, but odds are there will be other options from now to then and they will lose my sale.

and this is the easy sale for them, they had me before i saw the demo, i wanted it. its not factoring in the sale they will then have to win over in 6 months that has no desire to own this product.
    I completely agree. I returned an iPad that I was given for Christmas so I could wait and see what Android and WebOS had to offer. I was fully expecting this tablet to be available in February, March, or April based on the way that HP CEO Leo Apotheker was running his mouth about HP not announcing things that they wouldn't be able to ship quickly.

Now instead of hoping that today's announcement would be enough to finally bite on a tablet I am hoping that Apple can do enough with iOS to get me to buy the iPad 2.
  3.    #3  
    Also every tech blog. Every article. Every news feed is about this pad today. Its not even about the wait its also a loss of advertising. You need the price ans release date to be a part of all those headlines.
    Now it 6 months it will be a small blurb on engaget and everywhere else
    Theywould of been better off waiting till summer to hold this event
    Fully agreed - this is not how this business is being done these days. They will loose the momentum they had today...and more so they ruined their loyal customers their early adopters by denying the 2.0 update to the other devices.
    I agree, but it's really tight,i doubt HP wants to wait, it's just not finished yet.

still, the earlier, the better.
    Was there an article a week or two back that said the devices will be available a few weeks after the announcement...and not the traditional months after. Feels like months to me. I was thinking March. They tell us Summer (July-Aug).

And they are supposed to be releasing new units over the course of the year...at this rate, the next ones they announce will be released & available in 2012!
    If Apple can come and say the device is available at this day, why cant H/P do they same
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  8.    #8  
    If its not ready you wait
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    If its not ready you wait
    So why didn't HP wait?
    The only reason I can think of not to release the price is that they are waiting to see if they can undercut Apple. This shows that they still believe Apple is in the drivers seat. They are just waiting for cues from the leader. That is rather disappointing after so much bluster.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    The only reason I can think of not to release the price is that they are waiting to see if they can undercut Apple. This shows that they still believe Apple is in the drivers seat. They are just waiting for cues from the leader. That is rather disappointing after so much bluster.
    Or how about you don't release pricing 6 months out?
    I can't understand announcing it 6 months out. You know, the exact thing Leo said they would stop doing.
    Summer begins June 22nd. So that is just over 4 months, not 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanfvr View Post
    Summer begins June 22nd. So that is just over 4 months, not 6.
    True but if they were confident that they could hit a June release they would have said one of the following:
    - 2Q 2011
    - June 2011
    - 1st Half 2011

Instead they said 'Summer' which means any day after June 22nd and before SEPTEMBER 22nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    They also might be waiting on component purchase contracts to be completed before they set their price.
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    Also every tech blog. Every article. Every news feed is about this pad today. Its not even about the wait its also a loss of advertising. You need the price ans release date to be a part of all those headlines.
    Now it 6 months it will be a small blurb on engaget and everywhere else
    Theywould of been better off waiting till summer to hold this event
    Totally agree. HP missed a huge opportunity with this. If they said this is on shelves in two weeks, this is the price, preorders start tomorrow - it would have been a huge increase in sales. But now its going to come back in 4 months, and people will have forgotten, or be more interested in iPad2 or whatever.

Come on Palm - get in the game!
    But, preorders start tomorrow...

for the Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    They also might be waiting on component purchase contracts to be completed before they set their price.
    You mean they don't have that pinned down? How can that be?