3 0.98%
  • Touchpad+Pre3

160 52.12%
  • Touchpad+veer

9 2.93%
  • Im not gonna buy any of these

53 17.26%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    From what I read the Veer is absolutely "Touch to share" capable. I wonder what technology enables "Touch to share" Is it just WebOS 2.x+ and a touchstone back? If so, why wouldn't the Pre 2 be able to get the function?

I don't know enough about Touch to share, but ****ing in the Cheerios of all the people that floated an OS for years despite garbage for hardware doesn't seem like the way to keep an OS alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlonge View Post
    I would buy the touchpad and the pre3 today but not in the summer the will be outdated by then.
    I'll buy Pre3 and Touch Pad and just have to try to make due with my outdated hardware. I think I'll be just fine :-)
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Time for vote!

Im very impressed with pre3, not so much with touchpad. I guess I think pre3 can do most touchpad does, especially if skype were to work on it. And I really have no interest to read time on a tablet.

HP can convince me by price the tablet as low as possible, otherwise, I probably will go with pre3 and stick to my galaxy tab.

We shall see!
    I'll be buying both, (Pre 3 and TouchPad), this Summer - ...and my Pre will be retired, next to my Centro, Treo 650, Handspring 180,....

probably use it as a nightstand clock/mp3 player.... ;-)
    Last edited by ToddK; 02/10/2011 at 06:21 PM.
    I am really hoping to get a wifi Touchpad--and ALL the accessories that go with it--the Touchstone easel, the bluetooth keyboard and that neato case. (The accessories are what make it worth it, IMO.) That's top on my list.

It would be great to get the Pre3, too.

That's the goal for now!
    No talk of this supposedly-to-be-announced 7" opel tablet?

Any demand for that one?

Personally, I'm hedging toward the 10" touchpad and the Pre3, but I'll have to evaluate what is on the market when I actually go to buy them.

-Suntan
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    I will be getting the Pre3 once it is available in Canada then the ThinkPad later on. I do not see what people are complaining about, i am very impressed and i cannot wait for them to be released!!
    Yeah I am worried about the slider. I've broken 2 hard cases on my Pixi but the phone still works...

Don't think I could say the same thing if it was a slider phone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    should have put an option for all 3! I for one, am interested in all 3 devices, of course not all for myself. Been rollin around with the Pixi for a while now, so I'm use to the smallish screen, so Veer for me. Pre 3 would be for another family member, and the touchpad would sit around at home for anyone to use.

These are exciting times! Just wishing the Palm name stuck around...
    touchpad + pre3 dependiong on prices and if other devices are announced.
    I'm planning on getting the pre3 and touchpad. If a 7" version is available/announced I might lean towards that. I would have to see if it is enough screen over the pre3 to be worth it. If it doesn't offer much more, then i will get the bigger one. It's just I have the iPad and I find it too big for some of my uses. Ie reading. But the size is awesome for web browsing. So I would have to weigh the pros and cons I guess.
    I think one half baked OS is enough for me. I don't see HP getting their act together for a year or more, now that they're more or less starting from square one. I really like webOS so I'll be keeping my eye on what Matias Duarte has up his sleeve at Google.
    I'm sorry guys, but I just can't seem to understand, why everyone keeps saying that the summer is just too far away and nobody can't wait that long? Everything coming out in the next couple of months (Atrix, Thunderbolt etc.) will have its pros and cons, and everyone is going to complaint about it. In the summer, more devises will come out better than the ones that are coming in the next couple of months and the same will happen. Can anyone tell me what’s the last perfect phone that they’ve owned?
    Quote Originally Posted by mudotron View Post
    I'm sorry guys, but I just can't seem to understand, why everyone keeps saying that the summer is just too far away and nobody can't wait that long? Everything coming out in the next couple of months (Atrix, Thunderbolt etc.) will have its pros and cons, and everyone is going to complaint about it. In the summer, more devises will come out better than the ones that are coming in the next couple of months and the same will happen. Can anyone tell me what’s the last perfect phone that they’ve owned?
    A product is not judged on when it's released, but when it is revealed. By the time the P3 and TP come out, they will not be new; they will be six months old. They will not necessarily be competitive with what is coming out at that time.
    Likely the pre3 and the tablet. Been waiting a long time for a viable tablet and it's finally near reach.
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    looks like Eweek thinks the touchpad will do very well, and pits it second in the industry behind the ipad, and over anything android will make (xoom etc) and def the playbook:

http://www.eweek.com/showblog/127741/HP-TouchPad-at-$699-Solid-No-2-to-iPad-Analysts/rp/
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Definitely Veer, probably Touchpad, maybe Pre 3 (Depending on carrier support)
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    I want both the Pad and Pre 3, only one reason to hesitate, HP logo on the back, not PALM
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    2 HP Pre3(for the wife and me) and a HP TouchPad to share.
    No, not buying any. Getting iPad 2 & just got Pre 2 so don't need new phone. Just want to see more stuff software wise.
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    As Mr. Rubenstein has already informed us that these offerings are at least 1 cycle behind, I think I'll wait the 6 months or so for them to announce the newer version (ala the Pre - Pre+). I'm not overwhelmed with the Pre3 specs. Although it is clearly an upgrade over the Pre. I also believe that the Touchpad will be outdated if released this summer, or anywhere near the iPad2 release. I also want to wait and see how good a job HP does at attracting developers. The current app catalog is rather anemic.
    IDK how to vote. I want a Pre 3, but can't say if I will once it gets released.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast