Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am sick of everyone hating the touchpad so this thread is dedicated to bring up the awesome features of the touchpad!

I think the wireless sharing stands out as the most impressive feature. I cant wait to try it out!

-Toaster
    Same here, how seamlessly they had texts from the Pre3 to the TouchPad was awesome! Now I don't have to worry about charging my phone and wondering if there's a new message on it. So many more cool features to come i'm sure.

It's gonna be a great year.

Edit:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/09/h...irst-hands-on/

Here's a video of it, looks great.
    Sprint Love
    I like touchpad
    I like it. But not the release date
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Same here, how seamlessly they had texts from the Pre3 to the TouchPad was awesome! Now I don't have to worry about charging my phone and wondering if there's a new message on it. So many more cool features to come i'm sure.

It's gonna be a great year.

Edit:

HP TouchPad first hands-on! (updated with video!) -- Engadget

Here's a video of it, looks great.
    It sure is going to be a great year! I was also super impressed with how they did the printing with over 1m printers supported! It will be super nice to print out any docs that people send me with a touch or two.

-Toaster
    i like it too..
    but see no point in a tablet pc of any kind !
    I think webOS looks great on the tablet. I'm gonna love writing apps on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I think webOS looks great on the tablet. I'm gonna love writing apps on it.
    I think it looks great too. Just not useful or worth buying.
    Lets just make this an anti-hate "new devices" thread. I loved all the new stuff. And I think their whole idea of everything communicating seamlessly will be awesome.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I think it looked great, and depending on the price either am likely to get it or definitely getting it. I know a lot of people let their imaginations run wild, and I am sure there is always room for improvement, but what was shown today is a device I would use and enjoy using.
    That's an awesome touchstone "dock" they built.
    Everything they announced was cool.

The launch dates weren't, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Lets just make this an anti-hate "new devices" thread. I loved all the new stuff. And I think their whole idea of everything communicating seamlessly will be awesome.
    agree'd

The problem is people are missing the point on what HP is trying to deliver.

Few of the people on this forum just want either an iPhone lookalike with webos, or an evo lookalike. Well sorry to burst your bubble, but you will not succeed in doing that. In fact, that would put HP way behind

you want 4" slab? go get your evo and be gone, for good. You want a marketing gimmick retina display? go get an iphone and be gone.

What hp has presented and will deliver is a MASSIVE step forward in the industry. small specs like resolution or screen size are, whatever, those aren't innovative. They could easily change that if they cared.

It takes a lot of energy, money and time to innovate the stuff they are delivering.

Sure, i understand release date isn't what we wanted, thats a no brainer. It' snot a fail by any means. BUT, HP has work to do. Marketing, carrier promotions/approvals, reach and scale... these things can't be done over night. Once they build their pipeline it's a heck of a lot easier but it's building that initial stage that's the challenge (hence why palm failed because they didn't have the resources or reach or cash to build beyond). It was kept so hush hush because carrier relationships haven't been done yet, which is why we didn't see any leaks from any of them.
    like all the new devices.. and I hope I can get the M and L devices soon :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Few of the people on this forum just want either an iPhone lookalike with webos, or an evo lookalike. Well sorry to burst your bubble
    Instead, we got an iPad lookalike with webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    agree'd

The problem is people are missing the point on what HP is trying to deliver.

Few of the people on this forum just want either an iPhone lookalike with webos, or an evo lookalike. Well sorry to burst your bubble, but you will not succeed in doing that.
    After the iphone:

HTC succeeded with the Hero, Evo and countless other slabs they've released.
    Motorolla did.
    Samsung.
    LG

Yep, you're right. A webOS slab phone could never work. Best to keep trying improve upon a failed form factor.

But let's copy the ipad for tablet purposes. As Ruby said today, that slab form factor really allows webOS to shine. I guess a 4" slab form factor would just suck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    like all the new devices.. and I hope I can get the M and L devices soon :-)
    You and me both. Unlike many others, I think the Pre 3 hit the nail on the head for what I'm looking for in a new webOS device and my Pre+ is holding strong in the meantime.

I'm getting off light for V-Day, my wife was expecting a TouchPad, but since the release date is so far off, I'm off the hook now.... What to get her... Tassimo brewbot? Gift card to some purse shop?
    Lot of HP hate going on today. Apple fan boys are back. Don't like what HP has to offer? Go away, we don't care. QQ
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Tassimo brewbot?
    I got my GF one of those and she loves it. Coffee for it is a bit expensive tho
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    After the iphone:

HTC succeeded with the Hero, Evo and countless other slabs they've released.
    Motorolla did.
    Samsung.
    LG

Yep, you're right. A webOS slab phone could never work. Best to keep trying improve upon a failed form factor.

But let's copy the ipad for tablet purposes. As Ruby said today, that slab form factor really allows webOS to shine. I guess a 4" slab form factor would just suck?
    I don't think the concept of the Pre form factor failed, if it had been made correctly and didn't suffer from hardware problems of the rails/Oreo, then I think it can succeed. I would hope HP has looked into this issue and resolved it.

There was a mention that the keyboard was bigger, though they didn't specify if the keys were bigger or just spaced further apart.

Yes, a slab would work as well, right beside the Pre3. Donít quote me on this, but who knows, maybe there are still cards up HPís sleeves for a slab phone landing in Aug/Sep???
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast