Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoylejps View Post
    Years ago I was a regular on a sports team forum and, at least for a few months, got all the regulars to agree to not feed trolls when they came on the board. Amazingly, when we stopped feeding them, they quickly, and quietly, went away. Just sayin'.
    The funny thing is, most of the trolls you're talking about were happy, hopeful webOS users 6 months.

I wonder what changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by NateEaton View Post
    ... I cannot wait to someday show my Apple-loving son and sister what a *real* OS can do. And my other son with his Android phone? Gonna make him cry like a baby when he gets a close look at my Pre 3. ;-)
    That right there. I think, assuming WebOS on a PC succeeds, that will be fun to watch. Did you note how they mentioned the number of devices they ship when they talked about expanding WebOS? You can bet that when computers come with WebOS already installed on the, folks will begin to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    The funny thing is, most of the trolls you're talking about were happy, hopeful webOS users 6 months.

I wonder what changed?
    What changed was they became disillusioned with their WebOS device. Nothing wrong with that. The problem is that you guys are now hell-bent on evangelizing that same disappointment on everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    That right there. I think, assuming WebOS on a PC succeeds, that will be fun to watch. Did you note how they mentioned the number of devices they ship when they talked about expanding WebOS? You can bet that when computers come with WebOS already installed on the, folks will begin to use it.
    What are you thing hparsons, a straight webOS only computer, or webOS embedded somehow on Windows? This is not a snarf question.
    Nothing new here, really expected this forum to be invaded by haters/negative nancys. If I was a fan of another platform I would be hating on it too, I mean the TouchPad has a lot of potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Nothing new here, really expected this forum to be invaded by haters/negative nancys. If I was a fan of another platform I would be hating on it too, I mean the TouchPad has a lot of potential.
    No on small people with no tech savvy hate on a technology. I'm a fan of another platform, but I'm gonna be a fan of this platform also, soon as I get my HP tablet.

Case in point, on another fruit fan board, the bumble bees their who know deep down in their hearts that this tablet is good, all they can say is how much the HP slide presentation looks like an Apple presentation. Must be twenty or more post about it. Small people.But there are more Apple fans who say this tablet is a good thing. These are Apple regular board members on the largest Apple forum I know of.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    What are you thing hparsons, a straight webOS only computer, or webOS embedded somehow on Windows? This is not a snarf question.
    I believe they're going to virtualize WebOS on PCs. I don't believe for a minute that HP is crazy enough to try to force PC owners into using WebOS exclusively (we're too hooked on MS Office right now), but I'd almost bet they're working on a virtualized WebOS that gives users a very good taste of what can be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    No on small people with no tech savvy hate on a technology. I'm a fan of another platform, but I'm gonna be a fan of this platform also, soon as I get my HP tablet.

Case in point, on another fruit fan board, the bumble bees their who know deep down in their hearts that this tablet is good, all they can say is how much the HP slide presentation looks like an Apple presentation. Must be twenty or more post about it. Small people.But there are more Apple fans who say this tablet is a good thing. These are Apple regular board members on the largest Apple forum I know of.
    I've never owned an Apple product (well, technically I owned a lot, but I was a reseller, so I didn't buy them to use), but I like Apple. Were it not for Apple, I doubt GUI devices would be what they are today. I like all competition.

What I don't like is when one type of owner tells me how awful my device is because it's not their device. I don't care if it's aFan telling my about my phone, or an HD fan telling me about my bike.

Competition is good.
    I believe they're going to virtualize WebOS on PCs. I don't believe for a minute that HP is crazy enough to try to force PC owners into using WebOS exclusively (we're too hooked on MS Office right now), but I'd almost bet they're working on a virtualized WebOS that gives users a very good taste of what can be done.
    Thanks, that's what I thought when the first mentioned it earlier today. It makes more sense to touch and go than to find a 30 pin $19.00 white cable LOL. If they get that security going, I see this in the enterprise in no time.
    I'm generally pleased with the devices launched, partnerships announced (especially Kindle), and even excited that webOS is going to be fully integrated into future products such as PCs. HP suddenly has something that will differentiate them from other PC makers. The tight integration across devices and form factors is a really promising concept. I'm even excited about the little Veer. Smaller makes sense, especially when paired with a tablet. The Veer will be a great one-handed phone. All the smartphone power with none of the excess calories. Given the tight integration with the Touchpad, why carry more around than I need? When I want a bigger screen -- bingo I'm on the Touchpad and only need one data account. Then when I'm at work on my HP PC the work I did on the Veer or the Touchpad is already synced to my desktop. From a simplicity viewpoint, that's great. Android is a bit too wrapped up in the historic do everything, customize everything that made Windows dense and complex. Apple is tightly controlled (hello 1984, we have become the enemy) and doesn't give developers the same access to the power of the iOS as Apple and is nowhere near as good at true multi-tasking.

For 95% of what I do on a phone or computer, webOS offers fewer, more intuitive steps. The gesture-based interface is still elegant and simple. Simplicity sells because it is intuitive and the available power actually gets used rather than being just a marketing feature on a PowerPoint slide. I'm looking at the whole integrated picture and liking the vision. Apps will follow from HPs dissemination of webOS with both HP's marketing dollars and intent to use widely across many devices. And those Apps will be better because the interface of webOS is better and the full power webOS is offered to developers.
    Last edited by AnthemPixi; 02/09/2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Minor edits
    Do you take wonderful webos to be your OS in thinkness and thin in good and bad? Till death do you part? I'm in it for the long haul baby, I do believe, I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    Do you take wonderful webos to be your OS in thinkness and thin in good and bad? Till death do you part? I'm in it for the long haul baby, I do believe, I do.
    I'm at least still smitten. I love my Pixi, not because it's the face that launched a thousand apps, but because the apps I do launch are all easy to do one-handed with true multi-tasking. None of that goodness goes away in 2.0 or 3.0, webOS is just getting better. Do I think we'll see more developer attention with HP's resources behind webOS? You bet? Does it make me more loyal to HP? Yes.

But even if I were starting fresh, having used iOS, Android and webOS, for me the webOS interface wins big time. The Touchpad's fast, dual-core processor is competitive. HP's market footprint will give HP sales that some of the Android pretenders cannot hope to match.

I feel like the heart strings just got pulled tighter, I'm not quite at the to death do us part stage, but way past casual dating.
    the thing I liked most about the touchpad is the way the used the larger screen to improve the card metaphone. The new email app is AMAZING.
    While everyone is staring at the spec sheet, they are missing the actual performance of the device as demonstrated on the front page in the hands-on video. Sluggish and laggy come to mind. It doesn't look anywhere near finished, at least I hope not.
    Well I left my pre to the evo but it looks like ill b coming g back...looove that whole set up with the pre3 n touchpad so am getting me one, come knw realese date
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I don't get this "The Pre Form Factor was a Fail" stuff.

I've heard very few people honestly complain about having a keyboard.

I've heard complaints that the build quality was bad...by all accounts its greatly improved. I've heard complaints the screen was too small...its now similar to the iPhone in size. I've heard complaints the keyboard was too small...they've now increased its size and typing comfort from what people are saying. I heard the devices felt cheap and like a toy...where as people are saying they like the feel of the Pre 3. I heard people complain about the lack of an onscreen keyboard...we've heard mention that such is available in WebOS 2.1 (though admittedly don't know if it'll be default usable).

However, I've not heard a lot of people say that in general they hate having a keyboard or a portrait keyboard....but the various things that went along with it, all of which appear to have been significantly upgraded.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    If within the year every HP computer allows for instant-on dual booting of WebOS then you're going to see big things happen with this operating system. Content providers would have a major reason to jump on board, which would spur the smartphone market as well as WebOS's big deficiency is the lack of apps and content providers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    If within the year every HP computer allows for instant-on dual booting of WebOS then you're going to see big things happen with this operating system. Content providers would have a major reason to jump on board, which would spur the smartphone market as well as WebOS's big deficiency is the lack of apps and content providers.
    Again, what would I use a webOS Desktop for?
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    While everyone is staring at the spec sheet, they are missing the actual performance of the device as demonstrated on the front page in the hands-on video. Sluggish and laggy come to mind. It doesn't look anywhere near finished, at least I hope not.
    I suspect if it were finished, it would be coming next month, not this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Again, what would I use a webOS Desktop for?
    To read a mag, look at pics, play Angry Birds, or watch a video?

Seriously, i haven't a clue...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast