Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    i think the tablet made a lot of nice additions. email looks improved. multitasking looks nice. don't know what hp movie is but if it's a content delivery platform the way itunes sells movies and tv shows i think that's a good step in developing a media ecosystem that replicates what consumers want. Good that it has video chat. Don't know what standards it uses but i'd hope it would be compatible with things like skype and the facetime standard. Keyboard looks nice too. I like the all black color. Not sure about the plastic look. but it's hard to tell what its made of in pictures. Seems clear to me that the tablet was where they placed the bulk of their focus. oh i thought the photo app seemed to have some interesting improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I got my GF one of those and she loves it. Coffee for it is a bit expensive tho
    I think what she drinks, the Chi Tea Latte comes out to less than 1/4 of the cost of what you would pay at StarBuck's. We figured it would take ~42 cups of tea to pay for the most expensive version of the Brewbot and ~30 for the cheapest Brewbot.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I don't think the concept of the Pre form factor failed, if it had been made correctly and didn't suffer from hardware problems of the rails/Oreo, then I think it can succeed. I would hope HP has looked into this issue and resolved it.
    i guess we'll see. they seem to have fixed all the hardware issues. so i don't think there can be many more excuses now.

Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Yes, a slab would work as well, right beside the Pre3. Donít quote me on this, but who knows, maybe there are still cards up HPís sleeves for a slab phone landing in Aug/Sep???
    probably in the future. my guess is that there's a lot of issues ot work out with an on screen keyboard on a phone and they would rather focus on something that's more like what they know , computers, in the tablet first.

I'd guess they evaluated what needed to be done and probably needed more time to work out the kinks. Down the road i'd think they'll have a slab phone. But then again i thought it was a no brainer to have it now.
    The only problem I see, is that I dont think anyone will buy the Veer. Did you see the engadget video on that thing? They werent kidding about how small it was. I dont see how you can type on it but he said it was engineered to be easily typed on. I guess I have to take his word for it for now. Still, its too small for my taste.
    Love the touchpad! I'm probably winning an iPad at work, but I may well sell it when this baby comes out.
    I touched the touchpad. It is something to like, not hate. Just saying.
    I really am stoked, except the damn release date. But I wonder why not back camera? I would probably NEVER use it, but still got front facing camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    So how was it? Feels fast, smooth etc. How was the one button to switch apps?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I'm excited except that I can't upgrade til Oct. Will be getting a wifi touchpad, prob. a pre3 (glad it's same form) and will be getting a new PC. Now just need to get busy earning extra $'s :lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Instead, we got an iPad lookalike with webos.
    "We"? What?? Dude, you're not part of "us" - you're part of "them", and you've had iStuff all along.

The TouchPad looks nothing like the iThingies where it count's - in functionality.
    The Touchpad is great. I don't think that's the problem, even for the gripers. The problem is release date and competition. If there were no phones or pads out there, this would be an awesome unveiling. I love my Pre, like the idea of a Pad.

I wanted Palm to succeed and reluctantly passed on that desire to HP. What they've done is ditch the Palm moniker and announce (not launch or release) a mee-too device that will be outdated by the time I can buy it. They've also signaled to Apple the syncing capability they will need to advertise in iPhone 5 to blunt HP's announcement.

Not smart in the corporate world.
    Instead, we got an iPad lookalike with webos.
    lookalike in what sense?

it's a tablet. a large, big slab device. if that's a lookalike, then i guess
    The pad is exactly what I've been waiting for. I like the charging case, quite a bit. That's a great idea. It's protected and charging all at once.

The bluetooth keyboard profile is stoking me up. Finally!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I thought their tablet integration was awesome and all I could say was "about time someone did this." The phones were ok, and I too was expecting at least a horizontal slider but also they said they had what 12 total devices coming out this year(?). The main source of the complaining has been the release date, or lack there of. I was ready to go put my name down for a Pre 3 and touchpad, but that summer release thing really hurt.

Let's hope their March event will be "Hey we were just kidding, here are your devices."
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    lookalike in what sense?
    In this sense.

Just look at the comparison pics. Exact dimensions, weight, button placement... There are not many ways in which they look different. The iPad was clearly a template.
    I don't know if anyone has seen this, I'm sure you have, but on the palm website:

Palm USA | Palm TouchPad Phone | Features, Details

It says "Planned availability this summer."

I'm hoping this means EARLIER than LATER... I really want one of these, I was ready to buy it today.

In this sense.

Just look at the comparison pics. Exact dimensions, weight, button placement... There are not many ways in which they look different. The iPad was clearly a template.
    Also, if that means it's a copy then all of the android phones are copies of the iphone. But when HP released the Pre form it's a failure. Makes no sense.

Just because something is similar, doesn't mean it's a copy. There's very limited design to make a square object.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I don't know if anyone has seen this, I'm sure you have, but on the palm website:

Palm USA | Palm TouchPad Phone | Features, Details

It says "Planned availability this summer."

I'm hoping this means EARLIER than LATER... I really want one of these, I was ready to buy it today.

Also, if that means it's a copy then all of the android phones are copies of the iphone. But when HP released the Pre form it's a failure. Makes no sense.

Just because something is similar, doesn't mean it's a copy. There's very limited design to make a square object.
    Wrong. A recent report showed that HP went with a smaller battery to get it down to the iPad's size. They have the exact, odd screen size, unlike any of their other touchscreens they offer. They took away the gesture area and use the Home button, placed iPad style. They have the same bezel. Face it bro, they went out of their way to make it as much like the iPad as they could. There are no coincidences here.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    lookalike in what sense?

it's a tablet. a large, big slab device. if that's a lookalike, then i guess
    Don't you get it? The aFans haven't figured out yet, all those various large, slab devices are sort of look alike - until you turn them on.

That's the difference here.
    In this sense.

Sorry, your information is flawed from what I can tell. The HP is actually heavier. As far as button placement - seriously? You think putting a button in the middle underneath the screen is something Apple invented? Really???
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast