1.    #1  
    So, what do you guys think?
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I like it.
    Pretty sweet... runs WebOS 3.0 too.
    Blackberry Playbook
    Just don't see a need for it. Too bad they didn't put that focus into smartphones.
    I think the summer release is going to get them in a lot of trouble.
    I like it. A lot. Looks like they took the iPad, and then made it functional for an everyday computer.
    Nice addition to the tablet race. Competition is good! Magazine subscriptions are good.
    But any word on a Kindle App?
    Yeah, they showed the Kindle app.

Anyways, I thought the TouchPad was the one thing they did really well on. Actually the Pre 3 was great too, but after being on this form factor for so long, I wasn't impressed. The Veer looks like a total fail. Should have been a 3.7-4 inch slab.
    Hardware = A+

OS = A+

Launch date = FAIL
    Looks good...agree, its launching late, but what can you do?

I like the little updates to make it again, not just a phone os on a tablet. WebOS really does scale well to tablet form.
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    I like the pad. I'll be very interested to see if more developers jump into the WebOS arena now. More apps will be a must if this is to survive.

I was NOT impressed with the Pre3. Same Palm issue, incremental changes of the same form factor for too long (usually years). Then the market moves on, and they're playing catch up. Hint to HP/Palm...Listen to your users/consumers.
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomber View Post
    Launch date = FAIL
    Verizon isn't getting iphone 4s all that quick. The industry can only make AND ship things so quick. Besides HP needs enough time to generate a hype/need/want for the product. Good or bad, it seems all companies are looking for are high sales at launch to boast about in the marketplace. No more snowballing after release on the merits of product. RESULTS... NOW!!!
    I agree with most it will def be in the same class as the ipad 2 seeming nothing really new with there new version. I do hope though that this date along with the pre 3 is moved up, otherwise they will lose alot of sales IMO. Though did see not just with the DEVOS on hand, but 500 coming to see the products sounds promising.
    Damn, engadgets home page right now looks like an Apple event went down. ALL HP.
    wow someone else here has understandings and doesn't freak out. There's a lot of products out there that can't all be made overnight

also, with hp keeping things so hush hush, now they have to channel their relationships with carriers and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPhantasmo View Post
    Verizon isn't getting iphone 4s all that quick. The industry can only make AND ship things so quick. Besides HP needs enough time to generate a hype/need/want for the product. Good or bad, it seems all companies are looking for are high sales at launch to boast about in the marketplace. No more snowballing after release on the merits of product. RESULTS... NOW!!!
    Love it. gotta see a price though. If they can match the ipad pricing, im sold.
    Oh man, check out these pictures. The browser looks AMAZING. The photos app is looking great too. These tablet versions of their native apps are looking BEAUTIFUL. I want one yesterday!

HP TouchPad first hands-on! - Engadget Galleries
    Like it, love it.. Must have it... :-)
    Love it, but probably can't do it. I use my iPad for music a lot, and I could not justify owning two tablets. It's too bad, because it looks pretty awesome in terms of the core stuff. As always the WebOS interface is a big win.

I do not get HP's seemingly premature announcement here though. Timing is huge, and nobody is even taking pre-orders for this stuff yet. All this seems to do is give Apple and Android yet another advantage - a 4-5 month window to undermine the TouchPad's sexy.
    --------------------------------
    Love hate since launch day.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast