Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Launch date is indeed a let down. I do hope that the pricing wont be.
    Touchpad looks laggy, with all that power they need it to be smoooooooooooooth! My iPad seems smoother on much lesser hardware not stopping me from gettin it, as well as the pre3, but it may stop the general consumer
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    They missed the boat in my opinion. Palm used to be known for business type of devices like Treo. I'm still dreaming of a Kindle-like tablet with a real keyboard.

I see a lot of iPad owners adding keyboards which are 3/4 the size of the iPad, therefore turning the svelte tablet into essentially a thick netbook.
    I like the look of the touchpad. Problem is its going to release well into ipad2 and iOS5 will be out with I'm sure improved notifications and who knows what else. By then the iPad could have 100k apps. It's a battle HP is not going to win. I would probably still get it as I do like webOS.
    I love the device, but I worry that waiting until the summer will make consumers forget about it. I cannot believe the only devices that will ship anytime soon is the Pre 2 for Verizon and the Veer! No good stuff!!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Anyone else find it funny that the iPad 2's specs leaked prior to this, with essentially similar specs to the TouchPad? I couldn't help but notice that Apple had to get the WSJ to release those prior to HP's event. Just looking at Twitter the other day, CNN Breaking and quite a few other news sources had tweeted/retweeted the headline of "iPad 2's leaked specs" days before the HP event, when you know that HP won't get the same attention/publicity Apple will from National news sources like that. HP was already behind the 8 ball coming into today's event, and to be honest, as much as I like HP/WebOS, they didn't get a real big jump on the iPad, other than the different OS obviously and the touch-to-share transfer technology.

The fact is, to get ahead of Apple, you have to think outside the box, not try and one-up Apple's specs, as you HAVE to know that they have a new device coming in a year or less, with the very similar paper specs. Touch to transfer technology is a step in the right direction I think, but then make it compatible for more than just the phone you released today, so that it doesn't make that feature irrelevant for those who don't have or want that phone.

Being completely honest as a WebOS fan, I was slightly disappointed in today's annoucement (other than the TouchPad), and will be sticking with my original Pre until further notice. I guess there is always that March announcement that I heard was going on....
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123