Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    In two words: Loved it.

Didn't like that it won't be out until summer. Also didn't like that they didn't show a price on it. Damned afraid it will have that $800 Xoom silliness...
    I have a hunch that they are holding on a release date until Apple announces the iPad 2 release date.

Then they will release about the same time and try to out-advertise Apple (because HP can afford to), and piggy back a lot of the media buzz on the iPad2.
  3. JKM
    If it was available next week, I would definately buy one!

But they say "Summer" and "in the U.S." (I am not in the U.S.).
    So I guess that stores over here will have it in September or mabye October?

I do not know, if I can / want to wait that long...
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    The TouchPad looks nice! Not too impresses with the Pre3. We'll see what carrier gets it now.
    - Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Love it. Hardware looks very nice (looks a little thinner in width then the ipad?). The OS looks as good as anyone had hoped on a Tablet with the only thing missing in my mind is the ability to have two working applications up on the screen at one time. But really, that's a nit pick, the Tablet OS looks great. They're also showing they can get content providers with TIME and others and I think that will be a continuing trend.

The only problem is the launch window. They need a specific date to come out sometime relatively soon, and it needs to be June 1st at the latest. LATE summer is going to be way too long after the game.
    I will own both the Pre3 and the Touchpad.

I'll admit that the 'Summer' timeline is the only thing that really hurt during the presentation...
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    they had better release 2.x to existing devices so that developers can have an incentive to develop for it before the summer....
    Now with video!

HP TouchPad first hands-on! (updated with video!) -- Engadget

A little disappointed that the gesture area won't be there on the TouchPad, but otherwise, it looks great.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    A little disappointed that the gesture area won't be there on the TouchPad, but otherwise, it looks great.
    Drat, I didn't notice that. That is a bit disappointing.
    I thought they said the devices would be available within weeks of this event?

Or was I just imagining that?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    ..but summer availability? When's that? June or September?

Pricing?

and what about the details: what carriers and when? Will Sprint be one of them? webOS 2.2 availability?
    Last edited by bill2455; 02/09/2011 at 03:58 PM.
    Speed seems much improved. Good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I like it.
    wait wait wait did you say something positive?????

is it dec 21 2012?

LOL jk jk
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  14. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    No gesture area disappoints. That's one of the unique features that could have set this "pad" apart from the others.

No scrolling a web page from the gesture area.
    No switching fullscreen apps with one swipe across.
    Global Posts
    835 Global Posts
    loved it but the price has to be very aggressive. $100 less than comparable ipad. At least for now.
  16.    #36  
    I think I can say this will be a hit. And if it does indeed become one look for many new developers to add to the App Catalog!
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptlon View Post
    I thought they said the devices would be available within weeks of this event?

Or was I just imagining that?
    According to Ruby at the HP event, ""A WiFi version of HP's TouchPad will be available in the summer, followed by 3G and 4G versions." So, like the original Pre, there will be a 5 month delay fom announcement to release, and during that time several new, competing devices will enter the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    According to Ruby at the HP event, ""A WiFi version of HP's TouchPad will be available in the summer, followed by 3G and 4G versions." So, like the original Pre, there will be a 5 month delay fom announcement to release, and during that time several new, competing devices will enter the market.
    That Ruby. Such a genius..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Yep and that's not good. I said it in an earlier thread, I had my CC out ready to order/preorder it up immediately after the demos.

They are leaving WAY too much time for competition.
    Leaks mentioned IPS display. Don't see anything about that in official specs. Do see only 18-bit color though. As someone looking to use a tablet for reading and looking at pictures, I want the very best screen possible.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast