1.    #1  
    HP TouchPad webOS Tablet Promo Ad and specifications are now available on Palm site US
    Palm USA | Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses

Color
    Black
    Operating system
    HP webOS
    Display
    9.7-inch XGA capacitive, multitouch screen with a vibrant 18-bit color, 1024x768 resolution display
    Keyboard
    Virtual keyboard
    Email1
    Microsoft® Exchange email with Microsoft Direct Push Technology
    POP3/IMAP (Yahoo!® Mail, Gmail™, AOL, Hotmail®, etc.)
    Messaging2
    Integrated IM and SMS
    GPS3
    A-GPS (3G models only)
    Digital camera
    Front-facing 1.3-megapixel webcam for live video calling4
    Sensors
    Light sensor, accelerometer, compass (magnetometer), and gyroscope
    Media formats supported
    Audio formats: DRM-free MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV
    Video formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
    Wireless connectivity5
    Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n with WPA, WPA2, WEP, 802.1X authentication;
    Bluetooth® wireless technology 2.1 + EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support
    Memory6
    Choose either 16GB or 32GB internal storage
    Battery
    Rechargeable 6300 mAh (typical) battery
    Connector
    Charger/microUSB connector with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
    Headphone jack
    3.5mm stereo headset/headphone/microphone jack
    Speakers
    Internal stereo speakers and Beats Audio™
    HP Touchstone for TouchPad7
    Compatible
    Processor
    Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-CPU APQ8060 1.2GHz
    Dimensions
    Width: 240mm (9.45 inches)
    Height: 190mm (7.48 inches)
    Thickness: 13.7mm (0.54 inches)
    Weight
    Approximately 740 grams (1.6 pounds)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by akitayo; 02/09/2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: more information
    SUMMER? What happened to "within weeks"?
    Any chance this will have HDMI out?
    Full of **** hp.. within weeks.. FAIL
    Camera on the back?
  6.    #6  
    Now you can watch this video demo made by precentral:

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanfvr View Post
    Camera on the back?
    The digital camera is just the front facing 1.3-megapixel webcam for live video calling.
    Does not have a digital camera for shooting pictures
    Last edited by akitayo; 02/09/2011 at 11:20 PM. Reason: information found
    After this video, I don't know. Confirmed:

NO back camera, stated in video.
    NO video out, stated in video.

The touchpad with a few apps, not even videos or 3d was running sluggish. i also thought the presenter was a ****. Asked to show the kindle app to show horizontal two pages, "I am not showing that today" and just clicks off it AND the kindle app was running like crap. UGH, I will not lie to myself. This is nice, but lacks what the playbook has been showing in horsepower and features. I don't know now......
  9.    #9  
    HP Touchpad vs Ipad vs Motorola Xoom vs BB Playbook comparison chart.

Which will you prefer ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    HP Touchpad vs Ipad vs Motorola Xoom vs BB Playbook comparison chart.

Which will you prefer ?
    I gotta go with the TouchPad. It is more of the "ecosystem" that the TouchPad and the Pre3 have together that appeals to me.
    I am thrilled with everything about the device (even the release date because my iPad can last a bit longer) except with the amount of hard drive space. Honestly only 32GB max? I have used up almost 60GB on my iPad I don't really know how I can survive with half of what I have currently. Everything else is fine, and I was thrilled to see that the back of it was glossy, not matte which I actually find looks awful, and I hope it would be able to tap to share with my Pre 2.
    So then, it would be a hard sell, but if it were available with 64GB I'd get it on launch day (if it is available in Australia).
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    I gotta go with the TouchPad. It is more of the "ecosystem" that the TouchPad and the Pre3 have together that appeals to me.
    Yes I am with you I prefer one sole ecosystem if it is going to keep us bringing updated devices from time to time and permanent support

Quote Originally Posted by Veyron431 View Post
    I am thrilled with everything about the device (even the release date because my iPad can last a bit longer) except with the amount of hard drive space. Honestly only 32GB max? I have used up almost 60GB on my iPad I don't really know how I can survive with half of what I have currently. Everything else is fine, and I was thrilled to see that the back of it was glossy, not matte which I actually find looks awful, and I hope it would be able to tap to share with my Pre 2.

So then, it would be a hard sell, but if it were available with 64GB I'd get it on launch day (if it is available in Australia).
    I see you have made your tablet your primary device, so it is hard to change to a lower storage capacity one.

By the other way with the not solved situation for the webos updates for before Pres and Pixis phones that I think is a problem with a not open relation with carriers for continuing supporting HP Palm for webos OTA updates anymore.

I realy hope HP palm find a quick solution, maybe using HP big hardwares cloud information storages they already have.

I don´t know what version of webOs were running the TouchPad and the Pre3 to show the tap to share feature in the Feb 9 event. ( a question for Precentral, thanks)
  13.    #13  
    New from HP: Veer, Pre3, TouchPad Ad
    HP webOS family: The 3 new devices in one promo ad.

Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Now you can watch this video demo made by precentral:

Thanks for the link.

Big fail on the email reply at 3:40 into the video. Looks like the Lag Monster is alive and well in webOS 3.0 too.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Thanks for the link.

Big fail on the email reply at 3:40 into the video. Looks like the Lag Monster is alive and well in webOS 3.0 too.
    Thanks now I know the new devices were running webos 3.0.