1.    #1  
    The Palm Pad is not going to be cheap so I'm probably only going to get 1 for the house but then I thought. I'm not going to want my kids and wife access to all of my emails and texts and so on. If it had multiple logins then everyone could share the one tablet with each login having their own files/emails and different wallpaper, you get the idea.

The PALMPad could have one PalmProfile with each login and ability to have shared Apps on the same device since the Main Profile would be the only one able for PaidApps for perental control.

what you think, and idea's I could be missing?.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    It's a nice idea but surely they want to compel you to buy multiple devices?
  3.    #3  
    They surely can't think people are going to buy a tablet and cell phone for each member of the family. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    They surely can't think people are going to buy a tablet and cell phone for each member of the family. Lol.
    Why not!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    That's what my family did with the iPad. There were 4 iPad's under the Christmas tree this last Christmas.
    The iPad, (and its progeny), is the most personal computer you will have. You think you want to share it. But, when it comes right down to it, you will likely change your mind. You don't share a cell phone. You don't share a toothbrush. You are not going to be happy for very long sharing your pad if others like it as much as you do. Start saving now.
    I'm with the OP. The pad, especially the larger one, is a great couch media consumption device (at least hopefully it will be). I don't want to buy more than 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    I'm with the OP. The pad, especially the larger one, is a great couch media consumption device (at least hopefully it will be). I don't want to buy more than 1.
    Hold your thoughts/judgment until you actually own and use one. I thought the same thing about the iPad until after actually owning one. Now, it practically never leaves my side.

I take it to coffee shops to read and write blog posts. I take it to school for note taking and compiling code examples. Etc.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    The iPad, (and its progeny), is the most personal computer you will have. You think you want to share it. But, when it comes right down to it, you will likely change your mind. You don't share a cell phone. You don't share a toothbrush. You are not going to be happy for very long sharing your pad if others like it as much as you do. Start saving now.
    I like to share with my family, Wii, PS3, laptop, Archos 605 mp3 for my car, so if the palmpad doesn't having any type of easy sharing with privacy settings then not worth it in my opinion,

I don't share my phone only for the reason that it's in my pocket and has a phone number attached to it.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Hold your thoughts/judgment until you actually own and use one. I thought the same thing about the iPad until after actually owning one. Now, it practically never leaves my side.

I take it to coffee shops to read and write blog posts. I take it to school for note taking and compiling code examples. Etc.
    I can understand why that would be good for you, and if i was in college, or highschool or had a job that i could actually use it then i would probably say that same thing as you, but just think, Would having a guest login on your palmpad hinder in anyway how you use your ipad or (Palmpad when it comes?)
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    That's what my family did with the iPad. There were 4 iPad's under the Christmas tree this last Christmas.

money just burnin' holes in your pockets, eh?
    I like the OPs idea. I have to share my phone sometimes with my daughter BC hers isn't web enabled. I hate BC she likes to log into FB and then I have to log back into mine. The XBOX has this feature, Why can't the PADD?
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    I like the OPs idea. I have to share my phone sometimes with my daughter BC hers isn't web enabled. I hate BC she likes to log into FB and then I have to log back into mine. The XBOX has this feature, Why can't the PADD?

i can see why they don't really do it on a phone because most people dont' share it and if they do it's only for a few minutes or something, or like my kids play a few little kid games while in the car or something like that.

but tablets need to be more like real computers then just big phones, these 4 inch phones that are coming out are big enough that if the 7-10 inch devices do the same thing then they are pretty much pointless.

when some guy walks into bestbuy they wont be saying, should I buy a Phone or a tablet. it will be, should I get a netbook or tablet,
    So has anyone found out for sure if the Touchpad is locked into a single profile at a time? Can you easily sign in and out so that you have the ability to share the pad with multiple family members?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    So has anyone found out for sure if the Touchpad is locked into a single profile at a time? Can you easily sign in and out so that you have the ability to share the pad with multiple family members?
    I haven't heard for sure yet, but the fact that the in-store demos aren't logged into a profile seems to indicate that multiple login/profiles might be a possibility.