1.    #1  
    So' I've been thinking about the tablet and a phone and the tethering for internet if i got a wifi model.

Now this is my question. we know that tethering with a laptop can easily use a lot more data than the phone would normally, (this is the reason people say to tether with moderation on sprint), but if you were to tether to a webOS tablet, would the tablet use more data than the phone would? or since they are both webOS is it the same amount of usage?

because if it was the same, you literally could tether and sprint would have no way of knowing that you were tethering based on data usage.
    I don't agree with the premise that tethering must use more data. If you download the same email or video, etc. it will consume the same amount of data to move it to a phone. PC, or tablet. Data consumption is based on the data being downloaded. There are minor differences in eeficiency between diggerent platforms, but that would be a rounding error. IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I don't agree with the premise that tethering must use more data. If you download the same email or video, etc. it will consume the same amount of data to move it to a phone. PC, or tablet. Data consumption is based on the data being downloaded. There are minor differences in eeficiency between diggerent platforms, but that would be a rounding error. IMHO.
    When your on a computer, you're using the full version of webpages though. When you're on your phone, you're generally using much smaller mobile-optimized pages. Same with things like Youtube...

Not sure how much of a difference there is, but I'm sure it's noticeable.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    When your on a computer, you're using the full version of webpages though. When you're on your phone, you're generally using much smaller mobile-optimized pages. Same with things like Youtube...

Not sure how much of a difference there is, but I'm sure it's noticeable.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

That would depend on whether you were actually using the full page or not. But at the end of the day, I bet most of your data consumption isn't from web pages, it's from email, music, streaming video, etc. and that's generally the same.
    i have a galaxy tab, and a pre

difference? not much.
  6.    #6  
    yes, i hear you, but theres other stuff that laptops running windows do in the background that you dont see. updates, widgets (i have many including weather, my xbox account, ect). i used my pre to tether with my laptop on a vacation in a car ride for a few hours. my data usage exploded that month.

i feel theres a big difference, thats why i asked, but i hear what your saying. so i am unsure. thus justifying my post. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    So' I've been thinking about the tablet and a phone and the tethering for internet if i got a wifi model.

Now this is my question. we know that tethering with a laptop can easily use a lot more data than the phone would normally, (this is the reason people say to tether with moderation on sprint), but if you were to tether to a webOS tablet, would the tablet use more data than the phone would? or since they are both webOS is it the same amount of usage?

because if it was the same, you literally could tether and sprint would have no way of knowing that you were tethering based on data usage.
    It's all determined by your usage habits. Of course, you stand greater risk at consuming more data while on a laptop because your likeliness of doing more that consumes more data is greater.

But like I said, it all depends on your usage on any of the devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    yes, i hear you, but theres other stuff that laptops running windows do in the background that you dont see. updates, widgets (i have many including weather, my xbox account, ect). i used my pre to tether with my laptop on a vacation in a car ride for a few hours. my data usage exploded that month.

i feel theres a big difference, thats why i asked, but i hear what your saying. so i am unsure. thus justifying my post. lol.
    Tethering a laptop isn't the same as tethering what is basically a bigger smartphone (tablet).
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Tethering a laptop isn't the same as tethering what is basically a bigger smartphone (tablet).
    exactly, that's what my whole question is.

so you agree with me in what i've been thinking.
    cant wait 20 hours away