1.    #1  
    Is anyone making their tablet apps already? Coz I heard HP will be holding another hotapps contest.

If that was true I would be thinking of what tablet app I want to do right now

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I don't see how that's possible considering dev's don't have access to a 'tablet' SDK, unless I'm misinterpreting what you're saying here.
    I believe he is implying that they will announce another hot apps contest at the Feb 9th Developer event, seeing that what the rumor is.

WebOS HP Tablet Rumors Continue...

This would make sense, they are expected to unveil their tablet next week, and what better way to get devs excited about developing apps for it than with some extra ca$h!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I don't see how that's possible considering dev's don't have access to a 'tablet' SDK, unless I'm misinterpreting what you're saying here.
    There's more to creating an app than just coding. I think the OP is talking about designing and planning a tablet app. And I'm pretty sure a few devs have mentioned being in the early thought process of tablet apps.
    I am. I have 3 major apps im planning and designing and as soon as im done studying coding and the sdk is released, i will begin the coding process. Hope the contest runs long
  6.    #6  
    yes i was pertaining to tablet specific apps... i understand if the sdk has not been released yet...

but i hope devs are thinking of cool tablet app ideas for webos
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    There's more to creating an app than just coding. I think the OP is talking about designing and planning a tablet app. And I'm pretty sure a few devs have mentioned being in the early thought process of tablet apps.
    Right, I get that. But there's also the whole UI thing. I don't really get how one can begin to plan their app for a platform that they've yet to see; unless of course one is taking the whole unique approach and moving away from what's native.
    Right, I get that. But there's also the whole UI thing. I don't really get how one can begin to plan their app for a platform that they've yet to see; unless of course one is taking the whole unique approach and moving away from what's native.

Really?! They best ideas are the ones created on a napkin. You can get your layers developed, what needs to be on what page. What information is retained in the application vs an external cloud (web server etc). Its a basic concept, skeleton of what a person wants. If everything is not there... scale it down but the hard work is done.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    This may sound CRAZY but, given that NOTHING else has been mentioned (2.0 release to older devices, new devices, future plans, anything regarding HP/Palm, etc)... I'd be willing to bet they're holding off until next week.

I know that is so WACKY and CRAZY to even fathom that they wouldn't want to leak anything of any kid or even give anyone the opportunity to leak anything themselves, but just think about that...

That being said, glad to hear some of you have some ideas! Can't wait to see what's out there, and I hope some of you get a piece of that pie
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I believe he is implying that they will announce another hot apps contest at the Feb 9th Developer event, seeing that what the rumor is.

WebOS HP Tablet Rumors Continue...

This would make sense, they are expected to unveil their tablet next week, and what better way to get devs excited about developing apps for it than with some extra ca$h!!!
    tad unfair, I assume "big devs" have had access to the sdk for at least a few weeks if not longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    tad unfair, I assume "big devs" have had access to the sdk for at least a few weeks if not longer.
    How many times does this have to be said? If you're a dev and you want access to the 2.0 sdk, all that you have to do is email Palm via the link on their dev site.

Enyo however, is likely a diff story. I would suspect that HP's key software partners have had Enyo for several months. I wouldn't be surprised if on Feb 9 HP Palm released Enyo as a beta.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I wonder if hp will give out hardware like they did at devday with the palm pre 2 in NYC