Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Where do you think that HP/Palm will sell the new tablet and device after 9 Feb.? I hope they will open that market of webos device to all world and not only in some country.....
    Hopefully the us and hopefully best buy
    Same, I'm sick of having to import my Palms at inflated prices and not being able to pay for apps. But, seeing HP's 'global reach' I think that it would be launched in most continents starting with North America, then Europe, Asia and so on. Although I'd like to see HP storeslike Apple stores, I find the possibility of that unlikely, so I'd just like to see it beside the iPad at my local JB Hi-Fi.
  4.    #4  
    Yes, the problem is if they will not sell the device to all world never the HP stores will be the same of Apple stores.....
    Was wondering the same. I'm sure at provider stores, but for wifi only versions, where else?

I read an article the other day about Ultimate Electronics (the only Best Buy competitor that just filed for Chapter 11), and it said that HP owns 25% of UE which I had never heard before. However, it would be interesting if they pushed their new tablet in the bankrupt store they have so much stock in to try and get sales up.

Either way, as long as I can buy it locally, it would be great. Only thing I don't really want to wait for shipping
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post

Either way, as long as I can buy it locally, it would be great. Only thing I don't really want to wait for shipping
    I think if they make the announcement and say pre-orders will be available for Feb10... you would have it before BestBuy

I hate shipping to but I think online is the way to go... but Bestbuy does need to have some for those who need to "feel" before buying.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    The tablets have to be available everywhere. This is where HP is great, their ability to distribute. Anywhere you can pick up a HP printer, toaster, netbook, laptop, or desktop you will be able to buy a tablet.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Where do you think that HP/Palm will sell the new tablet and device after 9 Feb.?
    I'd hope everywhere. HP has the resources to do that.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by runsweetlew View Post
    The tablets have to be available everywhere. This is where HP is great, their ability to distribute. Anywhere you can pick up a HP printer, toaster, netbook, laptop, or desktop you will be able to buy a tablet.
    This.

Walk into your local electronics store (Ultimate, Frye's, Etc) and see if there are Envy laptops and Touchsmart printers available. If there are, then you should be good. 'Cause that means that all the trade & import\export mumbo-jumbo is already established and all they need to do is send the product there. (If there are no HP products available to you, then it could be a while...)
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    This.

Walk into your local electronics store (Ultimate, Frye's, Etc) and see if there are Envy laptops and Touchsmart printers available. If there are, then you should be good. 'Cause that means that all the trade & import\export mumbo-jumbo is already established and all they need to do is send the product there. (If there are no HP products available to you, then it could be a while...)
    How would this fair in locations that also sell the iPad? Wherever Apple sells something, no matter the location, it's dominantly displayed in an exclusive manner.

Take the little Apple section at Best Buy for example, or the Apple stand at Sams Club/Costco that strongly displays the iPad with fully-working devices loaded with games and applications for consumers to try on the spot.

That's what HP needs.
    This game goes on everywhere, not just electronics. Cereal brands push out 18 different flavors of one cereal because they are fighting over shelf space, same with cigarettes and beer. Eventually it comes down to what consumers what. Apple has done quite well making consumers happy, and stores can profit it they have products that consumers want displayed in primo real estate.

If HP/Palm puts out a great product, and I Can walk into any number of national/global stores and purchase one, it will work itself out.

What was one knock against the original Pre launch? Stuck at one (smaller) carrier for too long. It's all about "getting up to scale".
    Not just sell the hardware but also the apps - both need global presence.
    This game goes on everywhere, not just electronics. Cereal brands push out 18 different flavors of one cereal because they are fighting over shelf space, same with cigarettes and beer. Eventually it comes down to what consumers what. Apple has done quite well making consumers happy, and stores can profit it they have products that consumers want displayed in primo real estate.

If HP/Palm puts out a great product, and I Can walk into any number of national/global stores and purchase one, it will work itself out.

What was one knock against the original Pre launch? Stuck at one (smaller) carrier for too long. It's all about "getting up to scale".
    The iPhone was on a single U.S. carrier for 4 years.
    Your right we are talking STAPLES, Sams Club, COSTCO, Target, Walmart, AAFES, BX, BestBuy, Amazon, well just about ANYWHERE you can pick up an HP product
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    HP have shelfspace in just about every country that has shelves. I'd reckon that if HP sells stuff in a country, they're gonna sell you a phone there.

Actually, I wasn't going to post this (much less as a "store clerk told me" thread), but I was at a "HP experience store" in Johannesburg, South Africa early this month, *before* the Feb9 event was announced, and asked a clerk whether he had any news for me. He said he didn't know any specifics, but news about webOS would be all over the media "in about a month", i.e. hinting at the event, and that they already knew that they WOULD be getting the new products not long after.

So I suppose South Africa is a go as a new market for webOS. I assume the same is true for many other countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    HP have shelfspace in just about every country that has shelves. I'd reckon that if HP sells stuff in a country, they're gonna sell you a phone there.

Actually, I wasn't going to post this (much less as a "store clerk told me" thread), but I was at a "HP experience store" in Johannesburg, South Africa early this month, *before* the Feb9 event was announced, and asked a clerk whether he had any news for me. He said he didn't know any specifics, but news about webOS would be all over the media "in about a month", i.e. hinting at the event, and that they already knew that they WOULD be getting the new products not long after.

So I suppose South Africa is a go as a new market for webOS. I assume the same is true for many other countries.
    You know what... HP maybe the FIRST company to distribute their products effectively. I mean even put cellphones in TARGET. Just pick one up and sign up immediately. Why must i go to a sprint store? or verizon store for the phone. I should be able to go ANYWHERE and pick up my products.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    speaking of availability, I think the new devices will become available worldwide soon.

speaking of where exatcly to sell them, I really hope, that they will start building up a HP webOS store system like Apple has it. These stores are really crowded all day long, and HP really could fill them too, with HP webOS phones, tablets, netbooks, printers, ***, accessories.

A store is, where they can show the inter-connectivity between all webOS devices.
    I don't think they can display that in the best buy/etc. next door...
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    You know what... HP maybe the FIRST company to distribute their products effectively. I mean even put cellphones in TARGET. Just pick one up and sign up immediately. Why must i go to a sprint store? or verizon store for the phone. I should be able to go ANYWHERE and pick up my products.
    HP will not alienate carriers by selling phones off the shelf therefor keeping people from re-uping their contrcts every 2 years.
    It's just not gonna happen like that . I've been wrongbefore but I don't see it .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    But if the pretentious yuppies with their fat wallets are all in the Apple stores, what kind of people will be in the HP stores?
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    A store is, where they can show the inter-connectivity between all webOS devices.
    I don't think they can display that in the best buy/etc. next door...
    That! is a very good point!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast