Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm praying that sell in Brazil!!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    But if the pretentious yuppies with their fat wallets are all in the Apple stores, what kind of people will be in the HP stores?
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    HP will not alienate carriers by selling phones off the shelf therefor keeping people from re-uping their contrcts every 2 years.
    It's just not gonna happen like that . I've been wrongbefore but I don't see it .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Why not? Apple this year allowed consumers to buy and activate iPhones at Wal-Mart!
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Why not? Apple this year allowed consumers to buy and activate iPhones at Wal-Mart!
    I am pretty sure you can't buy iPhones at Walmart, can you? Ipods, iPads, but not phones.

But I may be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    I am pretty sure you can't buy iPhones at Walmart, can you? Ipods, iPads, but not phones.

But I may be wrong.
    My dad bought his iPhone from Walmart last year.

I understand HP products will be sold in France, first. Seriously, they will be everywhere you can buy a cheap PC, now. I can't imagine that will be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post

I understand HP products will be sold in France, first.
    Ha-Ha-Ha
    that was totally not funny
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by runsweetlew View Post
    The tablets have to be available everywhere. This is where HP is great, their ability to distribute. Anywhere you can pick up a HP printer, toaster, netbook, laptop, or desktop you will be able to buy a tablet.
    Agreed, this is where HP's muscle should be very helpful. HP can get end cap displays or, at worst, a bunch of shelf space at Best Buy, Walmart and other high-volume stores -- Palm was almost invisible outside of the carrier stores in recent years. Hopefully high-profile merchandising is coming and will make a difference in sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post

But I may be wrong.
    Verizon iPhone In Walmart Stores, Feb 10th

Just a side story. When the iPhone 4 initially launched last summer, I was back home visiting my parents for a few weeks. I went into the Walmart at midnight to see if they were selling the new iPhone and to my surprise there was a line of 9 people there that began earlier that evening.

Mind you, this was in a little 'ole town in Eastern Kentucky.
    allll overrrr
    At dev day in New York, HP talked about how much shelf-space they controlled in electronics. I think the number was in the upper teens. Not sure if that was just US, or worldwide.

So yes, HP is definitely looking at their distribution strength. Expect the tablets to be everywhere. For the phones, I bet there will be a smaller distribution, but still much better than the old Palm presence.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    At dev day in New York, HP talked about how much shelf-space they controlled in electronics. I think the number was in the upper teens. Not sure if that was just US, or worldwide.

So yes, HP is definitely looking at their distribution strength. Expect the tablets to be everywhere. For the phones, I bet there will be a smaller distribution, but still much better than the old Palm presence.
    Why you think this? how they can have competition with Iphone for example with a smaller distribution? how they can think to increase the number of apps in catalog? the people need to know webOS first with phone for sure.......
    Boy they need to sell this at popular stores, cell phone carrier stores, everywhere.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12