Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Why not? That's exactly what happened with the Palm Pre when it was first released in June 2007.
    ???
    The Palm Pre was aanounced in January 2009. There were none available for shipment, to the public. It was released in June 2009.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Ahhh, so then this statement was incorrect?
    Ha ha, very good. Took me a while to figure out what you meant.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Why not? That's exactly what happened with the Palm Pre when it was first released in June 2007.
    That's true. But they didn't talk about sending it out "within weeks" after their announcement. If you are going to talk about it that way, then it would just make you look stupid to not be prepared. Palm might have made that mistake, but this is HP we are talking about now.


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Ahhh, so then this statement was incorrect?
    My original response was about the PS3, Xbox360, and blu ray players. Those devices are overwhelming used to play games, Blu-rays or stream some type of video. Which is why I said you need an Apple TV to play stuff (meaning movies and TV shows) from the iTunes store.
  5. #45  
    between my wii and my bluray playr, I can get netflix and such. I have a pc nearby that gives me hulu.com, youtube.con, and blockbuster.com comedycentral.com, and the networks sites. All in dvd or hd quality on the big screen tv.

    many tvs coming out now have all of that built in so the external hardware isn't even needed.

    I see no need for google tv, apple tv, or even cable tv. If I could just get espn, my list would be complete.

    apple tv is nice and easy for an apple-centric household. At our house, it would add no value. Just sayin
  6. #46  
    That is the advantage of being Apple. They deliver stuff. They announce it and deliver. No hazzle there...they limit it to one country and than go beyond...

    I just cannot believen anything atm ... I want to see them new tablets side by side. Topaz - ipad2 - Xoom and then decide if they fill a need for me...

    And what about them Palm phones ?
  7. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #47  
    Phones are more interesting to me as well. and maybe a webOS VM for my laptop :-)
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  8. #48  
    This is so weird. I spoke to an HP employee and he told me that all products announced in Feb will be ready to ship and will be released worldwide. To me that meant they will be selling products worldwide and have some mobile carriers in pocket as well. Now if they are releasing tablets worldwide and they are so sure that they will be releasing it very soon after announcement then there is definitely fishy going on. Anyone spoke to HP officially yet?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

    The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    My original response was about the PS3, Xbox360, and blu ray players. Those devices are overwhelming used to play games, Blu-rays or stream some type of video. Which is why I said you need an Apple TV to play stuff (meaning movies and TV shows) from the iTunes store.
    Sorry, I didn't attempt mind reading. I just read what you wrote, and responded. My blu ray player plays (among many other things) music files. Those can be bought from iTunes, and played on my blu ray player.

    Most of the streaming video content available via iTunes is available via other streaming offerings. So, tell me again why it would be advantageous for all of those purchasers of multi-use blu ray devices to lock themselves into a single vendor.... I've sort of gotten lost in all the mis-statements and "what I meant was" clarifications.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    between my wii and my bluray playr, I can get netflix and such. I have a pc nearby that gives me hulu.com, youtube.con, and blockbuster.com comedycentral.com, and the networks sites. All in dvd or hd quality on the big screen tv.

    many tvs coming out now have all of that built in so the external hardware isn't even needed.

    I see no need for google tv, apple tv, or even cable tv. If I could just get espn, my list would be complete.

    apple tv is nice and easy for an apple-centric household. At our house, it would add no value. Just sayin
    Well said. Not only would adding Apple TV not add value - it would devalue what you've already got, since every purchase you made for Apple TV would be limited to the Apple stuff.

    I'm sure some will buy into this though. Marketing and fashion
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    This is so weird. I spoke to an HP employee and he told me that all products announced in Feb will be ready to ship and will be released worldwide. To me that meant they will be selling products worldwide and have some mobile carriers in pocket as well. Now if they are releasing tablets worldwide and they are so sure that they will be releasing it very soon after announcement then there is definitely fishy going on. Anyone spoke to HP officially yet?
    it would be simple to sell wifi devices right away. Rolling out through carriers happens on the carrier's schedule. If vzw is focused on the iphone launch, other vendors may have to wait in line.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    I didn't know HP has all their stuff built in the good ole USA. You know, giving the American worker a high paying job so that they can live the American dream with a high wage and good benefits, etc.

    That's because they don't. They are a scumbag company that puts their revenue over the American worker who only wants a livable wage. Instead they go to the cheapest bidder in China.

    all the companies do this not just apple or just HP all of them and our government (we) let this happen , wonder who did that ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry, I didn't attempt mind reading. I just read what you wrote, and responded. My blu ray player plays (among many other things) music files. Those can be bought from iTunes, and played on my blu ray player.

    Most of the streaming video content available via iTunes is available via other streaming offerings. So, tell me again why it would be advantageous for all of those purchasers of multi-use blu ray devices to lock themselves into a single vendor.... I've sort of gotten lost in all the mis-statements and "what I meant was" clarifications.
    A mom wants to purchase a movie in the electronic format. On iTunes, you go to the store and purchase the movie and it downloads into her library. She just has to sync her iPhone or iPad with her computer and if she has it configured to automatically download the latest movie that she purchases, it's on her iPhone or iPad for her to view.

    If she has Apple TV and she wants to watch the movie on the big screen, takes no effort to bring up the movie on the big screen. If she is watching the movie on her iPad, she can use AirPlay and the movie will continue playing on the big screen.

    When she is on a plane, that movie that she download one time to her computer is available for her to view on her iPad.

    Now, you tell me the steps required to purchase NOT stream (because there are a ton of movies that are not available for streaming with Net Flix)a movie on a PC that will play on your Palm Pre, your big screen TV, and your laptop while on a plane. Something tells me there will be a ton more steps and confusion required for a mom to do something similar.

    The simplicity and ease of use is what Apple offers.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    between my wii and my bluray playr, I can get netflix and such. I have a pc nearby that gives me hulu.com, youtube.con, and blockbuster.com comedycentral.com, and the networks sites. All in dvd or hd quality on the big screen tv.

    many tvs coming out now have all of that built in so the external hardware isn't even needed.

    I see no need for google tv, apple tv, or even cable tv. If I could just get espn, my list would be complete.

    apple tv is nice and easy for an apple-centric household. At our house, it would add no value. Just sayin
    Apple offers the additional value of being able to enjoy your movies and tv shows when you are not home or not connected to the net. All that streaming is fine until you have no internet access.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    between my wii and my bluray playr, I can get netflix and such. I have a pc nearby that gives me hulu.com, youtube.con, and blockbuster.com comedycentral.com, and the networks sites. All in dvd or hd quality on the big screen tv.

    many tvs coming out now have all of that built in so the external hardware isn't even needed.

    I see no need for google tv, apple tv, or even cable tv. If I could just get espn, my list would be complete.

    apple tv is nice and easy for an apple-centric household. At our house, it would add no value. Just sayin
    Google TV is a way for TV's to be connected to the Internet. It is how many TV's have this type of content. But I agree with Apple TV. Cable TV some people would want. I could live without it but my wife couldn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    Apple offers the additional value of being able to enjoy your movies and tv shows when you are not home or not connected to the net. All that streaming is fine until you have no internet access.
    I find most people don't want to watch TV or movies on smaller screens, aka iPhone. I am one of the few who do (and "few" isn't the right word, there are a lot of people who DO but compared to how many people who have the iPhone or iPod it is few). Most people use iTunes (if they do) to get content like their fav tv show and then watch it on their big screen TV. If thats how most people use it, then netflix is a better and cheaper option. Especially if you do watch movies on a regular basis. And if you don't have internet to stream in your home, then I would doubt you would have internet to download iTunes movies or tv shows.

    This topic is for tablets though, I though. Lets get back on topic guys!
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    Google TV is a way for TV's to be connected to the Internet. It is how many TV's have this type of content. But I agree with Apple TV. Cable TV some people would want. I could live without it but my wife couldn't.



    I find most people don't want to watch TV or movies on smaller screens, aka iPhone. I am one of the few who do (and "few" isn't the right word, there are a lot of people who DO but compared to how many people who have the iPhone or iPod it is few). Most people use iTunes (if they do) to get content like their fav tv show and then watch it on their big screen TV. If thats how most people use it, then netflix is a better and cheaper option. Especially if you do watch movies on a regular basis. And if you don't have internet to stream in your home, then I would doubt you would have internet to download iTunes movies or tv shows.

    This topic is for tablets though, I though. Lets get back on topic guys!
    You can watch downloaded movies from iTunes on your laptop or iPad, which has screens that are large enough when you're travelling, etc.

    And I'm talking about not having streaming available when you are NOT home.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    Because those other devices can't play anything from the iTunes store.
    Some would consider that a good thing. I don't buy anything from the iTunes store, so that's not a deal breaker for me.
  18. #58  
    The sooner people get away from the trap that is iTunes the better.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    The iTunes system is part of the secret sauce that has stumped the industry since the iPod.
    That's because the music industry (RIAA & the labels) have been clueless and greedy from the beginning by using DRM and subscription services to compete. Most people would just rather purchase a track or album and be done with it, not rent the music or have to worry about what devices they could move it to. If a major label (directly or through another service) had offered non-DRM MP3 versions of their catalog at a decent price to compete with the iTunes store at the start, it wouldn't have gotten as much traction as it did.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I see no need for google tv, apple tv, or even cable tv. If I could just get espn, my list would be complete.
    Does this work for you?
    Content Providers: What Can I Watch With PlayOn? | PlayOn
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions