Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Just like storage options, why can't they offer battery options, just like on laptops?
    Not a bad idea.
    how many times is this article going to be posted on here today? remember this is the same guy that doctored HP Slate images and wrote PalmPad on them.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    +1 on the battery front. I'd carry 5 lbs. around if it meant it'd last three days. If it's dead from moderate use by 5:00 PM I'm not payin' more than $100. And it's not gonna cost less than $100.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    +1. battery was my top reason to get an ipad. Now im spoiled and wont settle for less. I am thinking about getting A tablet for the parents in the 2011 holiday season, and did want one with flash support for them. Hp will have to bring their game to compete for this purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    +1 on the battery front. I'd carry 5 lbs. around if it meant it'd last three days. If it's dead from moderate use by 5:00 PM I'm not payin' more than $100. And it's not gonna cost less than $100.
    Battery life is mostly a function of what a phone or tablet is capable of doing. The more you cripple a product and limits its utility the longer the battery can be extended. The trade-off is subject to the whims of the manufacturer.

I'd be more interested in what a device can do (run flash,print, etc) before making sweeping statements on battery life. An ipad might last 2 weeks but who cares if it lasts that long if it can't even duplicate basic browsing on a desktop.
    Last edited by foosball; 01/26/2011 at 10:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Battery life is mostly a function of what a phone or tablet is capable of doing. The more you cripple a product and limits its utility the longer the battery can be extended. The trade-off is subject to the whims of the manufacturer.

I'd be more interested in what a device can do (run flash,print, etc) before making sweeping statements on battery life. An ipad might last 2 weeks but who cares if it lasts that long if it can't even run basic web code.
    What do you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    how many times is this article going to be posted on here today? remember this is the same guy that doctored HP Slate images and wrote PalmPad on them.
    I have a feeling they were thinking of doing an education pad.

This seems legit.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    What do you mean?
    Duplicate the desktop browsing experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yep i saw this earlier today , still nothing about phones ??!!
    No info on new phones bothers me.
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Duplicate the desktop browsing experience.
    It has a full-desktop browsing experience.
    I get the feeling that this is sort of a controlled leak. If they have an emergency meeting about leaks, then the fact that the meeting happened leaked, either someone doesn't care about getting fired, or they're just drumming up the anticipation by adding twists like this.

I think there's also another reason they're focusing on tablets. No, not because they have no phones. They want to misdirect your attention. They want everyone to expect one thing from the announcement, when they will announce something entirely different, increasing the impact of their announcement by making it appear as if it was completely unexpected.

Hey, makes as much sense as all the other theories floating around.
    rsanchez is spot on. they leak a rumor about a meeting threating leakers? they played engadget well with their " Think Again" email.
    HP is Playing this well. Its what Palm didnt do with PRE.
    HP is dropping the whole Package on 2/09. new devices, new apps, ecosystem present and future.
    Its on...
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    If HP was like Apple, "fudge" would have had his apt door kicked in by now....
    Maybe he has, who knows.
    Point me to one company who loves to have leaks happen.
    Apple (IP4 episode!)

"The battery size has been reduced because of weight, which unfortunately resulted in decreased battery life from 12-14 hours down to 8"
    If reduce the battery size to change the weight to something as 0,66138 lb (0.3 Kg .:. 10.58 oz.), was okay... but reduce to the SAME weight that IPad (that IS heavy!)????

Serious... I don't like this... :|

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    I'd have to agree on the battery front. I wouldn't mind an extra pound or two if it meant not having to charge it nearly as much.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    true battery life is a main concern, though If you are able to go through a whole day on moderate to heavy use then that should be more then enough battery life for anyone. I myself have a ipad and yet it does get through the day with no problem, it is limited in the things it can do that a full PC can do hence the reason why i agree with most that the ipad is not a PC. I end up using my laptop, to do most of my things like watch highlights on espn, pay bills (alot of sites to pay my bills dont work on the ipad) download programs like reaper, frostwire etc to the desktop. I would love to see this webos tablet really replace a computer, really making it a portable PC, with the ease and speed of a mobile OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    true battery life is a main concern, though If you are able to go through a whole day on moderate to heavy use then that should be more then enough battery life for anyone. I myself have a ipad and yet it does get through the day with no problem, it is limited in the things it can do that a full PC can do hence the reason why i agree with most that the ipad is not a PC. I end up using my laptop, to do most of my things like watch highlights on espn, pay bills (alot of sites to pay my bills dont work on the ipad) download programs like reaper, frostwire etc to the desktop. I would love to see this webos tablet really replace a computer, really making it a portable PC, with the ease and speed of a mobile OS.
    I havnt run into too many Of those problems. When i do, i use the splashtop app to access my laptop from my ipad. More functionality would be good though, thats y idk if i want to get the parents an ipad. But im not sure yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleymarin View Post
    "The battery size has been reduced because of weight, which unfortunately resulted in decreased battery life from 12-14 hours down to 8"

14 wouldve been so awesome
    I agree. It would be great if they left enough room for a bigger batter for those who want one.
    Don't recall seeing if the battery was removable. Anyone know (or think they know)?
    Leaks are fun for the consumer, they generate attention. HP should take advantage of that, and they did with the "You think you saw blah blah".

I'm just riding the wave till feb 9th. Im preety much already confident nothing is coming to sprint anytime soon. Not that im too happy about there new 10$ addon. Maybe the grass will be greener if HP chooses to launch with AT&T. The Verizon/AT&T iPhone rival can only be good for consumers as AT&T tries to hold on.

I just hope theres at least a whisper of sprint at the HP event. So they don't leave everyone hanging with another "coming months".

Palm Pre 2 has passed another figment Verizon launch date and here we sit.

When it comes down to it. I've lost the "omg whats next soo cool can't wait" feeling.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast